test of time patch 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test of time patch 1.1

Where can i get it? The link at apolyton is dead and the official civ2 site only has civ3 stuff.

Any help would be much apreciable.

Thanks.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

CivFanatics has it, here: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads...y/civtot11.exe
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thansk tech.
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Re: test of time patch 1.1

Originally posted by Palaiologos
        The link at apolyton is dead
        This should not be.

This site should provide access to vital patches for all games covered here
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Don't worry, Cradle has it and its link is still working.

Probably they didn't want to host two copies of the patch on their site since cradle is also hosted on Apolyton (but again, at least they could fix the broken link...)
          "If it works, it's obsolete."
          -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

And of course, my site has all official updates/patches available for any version of Civ2, so why bother with Apolyton.
            [/blatant self-promotion]
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

speaking of poly, and the cradle, is there any interest there in keeping converted MGE games on the cradle? Ive cleaned up my hard drive lately, but im sure i still have a few. The converter is a wonderful think (kudos to angelo) but Im sure there are some DOS-challenged people who have difficulty with it, while some of us found the converter a nice way to refresh our ancient DOS skills
              OTOH i could well understand i need to conserve server space, etc and so a reluctance to put that kind of stuff up.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Re: test of time patch 1.1

Originally posted by Hydey

This should not be.

This site should provide access to vital patches for all games covered here

**** happens.

BTW I can't believe this! i am registerd at apolyton for almost a year now and have never been at Mercator's site. I just downloaded all those utilities, and if the claims on the site are true these things must revolutionize scenario creation!

Comment

What the ****....?

Comment

You heathen!

... I mean
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Blasted censorship.....

You too Apolyton?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                        You heathen!

... I mean

Hey,

You should be advertizing your work more!

P.S instead of wasting time limiting our ,hard fought for, freedom of speech, shouldn't MarkG be fixing certain things on this site, such as...lets say broken links?

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                          You should be advertizing your work more!
                          It's in my sig, and I post threads here or in civ2 sl/creation for every utility I make.
                          ... And I'm feeling guilty already, threadjacking this thread and getting all the attention.

P.S instead of wasting time limiting our ,hard fought for, freedom of speech, shouldn't MarkG be fixing certain things on this site, such as...lets say broken links?
                          When he gets out of the army he will (um... should)... And he can't fix links when he doesn't know they're broken.

Comment

BTW i just tried civstack and works okay but there is a bug with mapedit. if you interupt its installation the program crashes.

Comment

Do the tiles also get the improvements bonuses?

F.e airbases give more food, count as rail, forts give defence bonus etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X