No announcement yet.

Lazy Days of Summer Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @-Jrabbit, no offense intended, looks like a great sequence of turns, and I picked up on the fact that you only made peace with those that you arn't actively at war with.......yet You are obviously on a "total war footing" with those you are actively at war with

/me aka Smartass
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrowhawk,

I just assumed JR was confused, thinking of the Dirty Game, that is, until he responded as he did.

BTW, smartass means 'one who chimes in with the truth'...IIRC.

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Who's up next?

Comment

• Playlist says LaFayette ...
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• You guys really think the existence of a UN-forced peace treaty means anything, eith in Civ or RL?

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
              Playlist says LaFayette ...
              ... who is playing his 3rd turn NOW
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• 1943:
                The previous leader ignored the splendours of Celebrating Commie (20% lux, no city celebrating, cash-flow = 759g). No problem. We switch lux to 60% (better late than never ).

PRESS ENTER

1944:
                American destroyer sinks our transport south of Minneapolis = 6 units lost (previous leader too confident ?)
                American AEGIS sinks our destroyer (despite fierce defense )
                Jap counter attack near Izumo = 4 units lost
                Our valiant defenders destroy 4 Jap units near Izumo
                Our fighter from Toofaraway sinks Greek destroyer and gets vet status.
                Our fighter from Toofaraway sinks Greek transport (+ 1 unit = I would swear it was a dip with lots of gold )
                Lux down to 30% (with lots of cities celebrating)

1945:
                Fighter from Izumo kills Jap fanatics
                Fighter from Fukushima destroys Jap helicopter
                Spy + missile sink Jap BB offshore Kagoshima (spy captured unfortunately = mourning in Oldetown)
                Cash Flow now over 1080g (increase of 300g+ due to celebration)

1946:
                Jap counter attack destroys 4 valiant howies near Kyoto (mourning in Oldetown)
                Oil (d) delivered to Kyoto = 434g (the price of blood ?)
                Howie destroys Jap tank close to Kyoto

1947:
                Manhattan almost completed by Japs (it appears that this occurs in Sapporo and we don't even know where Sapporo is ).
                Our destroyer sinks an American destroyer (previously badly wounded ) and becomes vet.
                TEQUIXQUIAC founded (canal city in order to be able to transfer transports from the Southern sea to the Jap sea)
                I suppose that Sapporo is probably somewhere North of Izumo = we shall stop attacking Kyoto and attack in the North instead = numerous moves of howies =
                NARA (size 19, 342g in plunder)
                MATSUYAMA (210g plunder)
                Our spy travels along the northern Jap RR and discovers:
                SAPPORO (165g + Manhattan destroyed)
                ... we have a few strong units left (mostly in Albuquerque = far away, but we have a nice RR network)
                NAGOYA ( 152g)
                8 Greek units have just landed and taken Pergamon.
                Our counter attack destroys the 8 units ... and also the city which was unwalled.

1948:
                2 Indian bombers kill our 2 units inside Sapporo.
                2 Indian bombers destroyed.
                We take KYOTO (9 defenders, 420g in plunder)
                Then OSAKA (280g)
                Our fighter gets Barb king (150g)
                Our fighter sinks Greek destroyer

I pressed ENTER by mistake but I think 5 turns each is OK from now on = no unit has moved in 1949.

I didn't think we would be able to win this game, but it appears that defending ourselves now means that there is always an enemy unit 'menacing' our brave soldiers (which allows us to go on attacking at once).

Our main problem is going to be logistics. That is why I only built transports in La Fayette and Oldetown.

I also started building a RR west of Izumo because the Greeks are the strongest foreign civ left and the sooner we strike them, the better.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good, La Fayette -- and an excellent log!

1. Yeah, I still have trouble with the celebration thing. You'd think that, by now, I'd have faith and just do it, wouldn't you?

2. The Mnpls attack plan was to send bombers out to empty the city, then take it with marines from an Albuquerque transport. That would provide a base for attacking the other 2 American cities on that island. That's why all those lovely howies were assembled in Vegas/Aluququ.

3. Are you suggesting that I left a loaded transport on the open seas?? Within range of a docked DD????? I don't think so... Will have to check my save...

3. Good job of shifting gears to find Sapporo and keep the nukes out!! The Japs, it seems, are nearly done!

4. I left you a note to get those anti-Greek defenses rushed! Since we took it from them, Pergamon was a constant Greek target, and hard to keep supplied with defenders.

I fully agree that we need to get after the Greeks as soon as possible. They are well-established, and it will take some time to build an andequate strike force.

Excellent turnset, Monsieur. Qui est le prochain?
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Next should be Vlad Antlerkov (who is apparently MIA).
                    I suggest that OldnSlow starts playing ASAP.

Comment

• I sems that OnS is up in virtually every game going at the moment
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Been there, done that...
                        Godspeed and good luck, OnS!

Comment

• Brilliant piece of espionage getting the Manhattan Project knocked out!!

Plus 300g from celebrating...the class writes 1000 times, "Celebrations are good."

It seems you built roads rather than skull clearing. Is this true?? Feels like it is getting warmer....

This game is turning out very interestingly!!

Monk
                          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• According to my list, the next active player is the Duke (unless he is still computer hampered.)
                            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk

It seems you built roads rather than skull clearing. Is this true?? Feels like it is getting warmer....

Monk
                              I built some strategic roads after having achieved full control of the skulls (about 4-5 new skulls appear each turn and we have 20+ engineers).

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow
                                According to my list, the next active player is the Duke (unless he is still computer hampered.)

Aah! Me?
                                I can play this weekend, but not any earlier I'm afraid. I could post the save on Saturday night if all goes to plan, but I think that my girlfriend has "plans" to do "something nice" on Saturday.
                                She is going to the cinema with some friends on Saturday evening though, so I'll get the turns done then, and should be able to post the save now that I'm Dial-Up Man!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X