Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I feel bad. It was a joke dammit!

Comment

nay, Geofelt has been around a long time.... i am sure has a good sense of humour
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I'm sure he found it funny too.
        as much as I think Spike feels bad about it.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

spike doesn't feel bad, hes just getting his sympathy +1's in
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
            spike doesn't feel bad, hes just getting his sympathy +1's in
            What's your excuse?

Comment

Desperation
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You two are well ahead of Mr P now. Perhaps there is more of a battle amongst yourselves than you care to admit.

Comment

Yes I think they have a little bit too much friendly rivallry going on.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

It is fun to irritate him
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I must agree with rah on that point
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Back on topic would be nice in this thread
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

After years of chasing kings, just to see them disappear, it would be knice to know the logic for this. ANYONE want to take a stab at it. Or for any other barb vanishing.

I know barbs will dissapear on the artic.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Conjecture:
                            (x) distance from nearest city or civ unit?
                            (y) number of turns after loosing accompanying military unit?

Seems like if I can keep close enough, and chase him into a nearby dead end, I can get him if I'm quick enough. Don't know exactly what the (x) or (y) is, though...

Comment

I doubt x is important. Form experiences on large worlds after you've uncovered the whole map.

Y is infered in the manual. But I'm wondering if it's a set value or if it's a percentage throw every turn. My experience leads me to believe it's not a set value.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'll take a guess that barb leaders hang around longer at lower levels than higher levels -- or at least it seems to to me with the Prince level games that I often play.

But I agree, at the poles, they disappear their next turn without attacking, and at other times, it seems like a percentage chance per turn that they'll wander...and then perhaps beam themselves up. (Except when they discover an empty fort.)
                                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Working...
                                X