No announcement yet.

Strategies against Barbarian Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is valid only if you have at least two cities.

If you have only 1 city (with or without a Palace) the city defender is invulnerable.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Kewl, that would explain some things.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Zenon,
        W. Keenan's barb. paper version 1.2 (in GL) works now.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Before playing MP with 2.42 I often recognized that barbs stood for centuries in front of an empty city, but attacked the same round a defender was built inside the city. Was this a bug in an early version or did someone make the same experience?
          Nothing is more painful than regret.
          Don't contradict a woman - wait until she does herself

Comment

I've seen that a couple of times, but I've also seen them take/destroy the city.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

At deity, raging hordes, I research horseback riding first. After a warior and a settler, the city builds a horseman for barb defense and to quiet unrest. Any barb can usually be dispatched by the horse unless they are on a mountain. I keep the horse in the city, and let the warrior go exploring. The mobility of a horse lets me reinforce a city nearby quickly. Also, a horse is cheaper to rush than a dip.

Comment

But then why listen to the only man ever to get his capital bribed by the AI in the history of civ. /jk

Comment

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ouch! That was cold!
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Not really, with a /jk and a smiley. Since Geofelt did not post after I hope he didn't agree with you.

Comment

Even a j/k and a doesn't soften that one up enough.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well you laughed.

Geofelt: hope you saw the funny side.........I'm sure we've all got more embarrassing stories.

Comment

Well, it was funny.
                            Yes, we all have our own moments,
                            but nothing tops the guy that tried to kill the buffalo special.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I only learned last year about roading trade specials like Gold to get an extra arrow...

Comment

It was funny, but it was still cold.
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X