Clear All

• Game not on GS.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Yes...SBC

Game is now back up.

Comment

• A Statement from the Persian Office of Foreign Affairs

To the leaders of Wittlich's Empire and the HercIncan Empire.

It is now 1958. Persia has made her moves for this turn. Last turn we provided our last-researched technology to both of you.

Please be advised that Persia will be closing its borders next year, 1959.

Also please be advised that Persia intends to "win the world" by conquest. We will not declare war prior to 1962, unless we are attacked first. Consider the years of 1960 and 1961 the height of the 'cold' war, and prepare yourself accordingly.

Farouk Al Numadi, Persian Foreign Minister.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• And here is my response to Beta's message:

[ Not that it was not expected Bruce.

Thanks for the gamesmanship heads-up. ]
          -----

To the Persian Government:

The Aztec Empire regrets the global-domination attitude of the Persian people; however, the Aztecs also realize the current global situation and would do the same if the situation were reversed. However, this understanding is NOT an invite to invade Aztec lands. We will defend ourselves at all cost.

Wittlich of the Great Aztec Empire

Comment

• Team Inca (when it was ill prepared) played its part in the long war against the Indian oppressor, : Pinning Indian troops to the Western front at much sacrifice.

It thought it had a bi-lateral agreement with the great Persian empire to divide the conquered land equitably. But are we now to understand that, Persia is land grabbing more than its fair share.

Also The Mighty Empire Persia benefited from the joint endeavours of the scientific teams in Inca and Aztec Kingdoms.

We appreciate the adrenalin high that must be flowing through the Persian armies, but ask them to think about their reputation and historical legacy: Honorable warriors or brigands.

If you are unable to control the ambitions of your warriors at least do it with honour by extending the period of the peace period / cold war to 1972.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Given the current situation, the Aztec Empire agrees with the suggestion given by the honorable Incan Empire.

(Extend the cold-war to 1972)
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Game just dropped the connection part way through my turn.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• The Persian Foreign Ministry has received the diplomatic messages from the Incan and Wittlichian Empires, and is taking them under advisement. We will issue a response shortly.

Comment

• SBC - Game is now back up again.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Game is not showing up on GS.

Comment

• SBC -

Game is now back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                          Great game snoop. Touch and go for a long time there.
                          Thanks... didn't notice the thread actually Ran out of time to play for the last few days.

I thought I had a bit more of an advantage than I did on my final attack run at you; forgot that fighters from other cities could help cover your main city, and that cost me a lot.

Late-game, defense has such an advantage that it's pretty hard to win any standoff of that size... I probably should've gone north through Herc first, but was concerned about Wittlich helping him out through a naval invasion, and I couldn't rely on having naval superiority on this sort of map. It's amazing what a single miscalculation can do... I feel a bit of sympathy for Napoleon now
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Yes - never fight a land war in Asia. I know what you mean.

Again - thanks for a great game. Which is still going. Or at least it was until the pitboss dropped the connection - again - partway through my turn. I think I am cursing the game.

Comment

• Game is back up again Beta.

Comment

• Game locked up again while i was in finishing my turn. Everything was going along fine, then it would just not let you move a unit, nor end turn. I could move around the screen and select other units. Same sort of lock up as in MP IIRC.

Anyways, I exited the game and it is not on GS now.

Comment

Working...
                                X