Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wittlich
    replied
    My vote is for BtS, Random Civs on a Pangaea map.

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Other decisions:

1. warlords or BTS? I am easy either way.

2. stick with the exotica them and exotic civs? We can add the Khmer and that very scary looking leader amd the Mayans.

OR

Simply go random civs for a change.

3. stick with a pangaea continent?

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Snoop is proposing I do it through direct IP. Only the hosting player needs the dual set-up, as presumably a playing player will only be accessed to one game at a time.

I would prefer GameSpy. I do not find it all that bad, despite all the criticism it gets. For me it is easier than dealing with that dyndns thing. But then I am a technical noob, so everything about computers is tough for me.

Leave a comment:

• Strudo
    replied
    24 Hour timer sounds ideal. I looked into running 2 pitbosses previously myself, and the only way I could see to do it would be to have 2 installations, each with a different port setting in the ini file. Then each player would need to change their ini to that port setting. If a player plays more than one pitboss game, then that player would need a installation for each pitboss game, each with different settings. On simply several differnet ini files which can be copied to the right location depending on which pitboss game they want to connect to. I ended up using Gamespy, which doesn't pose any problems for ports, but almost every game ended up going out of sync when attacking a city. This only happened when all 3 of us were playing at the same time though. Also never tried a pitboss game without gamespy, so I can't say if it would have done that anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Ok - let me have a quick chat with snoop to see how to run two pitboss games. Maybe we can rustle up a few more players.

Give some thought to the settings. I think this crowd will certainly want a 24 hour turn timer.

Leave a comment:

• Strudo
    replied
    Sounds good to me. I can't remember where this game was going at any rate.

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    I concur, at this stage I think that just wiping the slate clean and starting a new game is the best option.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Originally posted by Beta
    Bless you!
    - Cheers!

3. Start a new pitboss game.
    Yes please!

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Bless you!

So - what do we want to do?

1. Have me do the password thingy to update this game to the latest patch.

2. Start a new pbem game in BTS.

3. Start a new pitboss game.

My vote would be for #3, but majority rules.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    *cough*

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by Wittlich
    I'm thinking that since Beta is getting ready to head out on a 3 week vacation, we probably won't hear anything about this game until Beta gets back on 28 August.
    This is tru - as I post from an airport lounge...

Sorry folks.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Ok - no worries

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    I'm thinking that since Beta is getting ready to head out on a 3 week vacation, we probably won't hear anything about this game until Beta gets back on 28 August.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Any word on the status of this game please?

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    Beta, check out the sbwn PBEM thread - I posted the steps needed in order to delete and add back the admin password.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X