Clear All

• fed1943
    replied
    If still room, I would like to join.

Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• FeMme
    replied
    Good Luck with the surgery Beta. Sounds like fun!!

BTW, I'm happy with the settings that were already agreed on Page 8 (i.e. random civ, pangea, 24 hour turns etc).

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Thanks Strudo and FeMme.

FeMmme - I hear Annapurna is great. Our tour guide, a wonderful Nepalese guide, has done a lot of trekking tours up through their. If we go bak to that part of the world, that will be our destination.

As to the game - not too late at all. Not sure when i will get this started. I may have lots of time tomorrow, but not sure. I have go for eye surgery first thing in the morning, and I may or may not be up for doing civ stuff during the day. Will wait and see. We are dealing with an early-form of posterior sub-capsulum (impressed?) cataract. Bit of drag to get them done this early in life - but this form of cataract develops much faster than the more common form, so I would like to get my good eyesight back. So, we may start this game soon - and we may not.

Leave a comment:

• FeMme
    replied
    Awesome picture Beta

When Rob and I went to Nepal we didn't make it to Everest Basecamp (we did Pokhara to Muktinath on the Annapurna Circuit) but would love to go back.

BTW, I'd be up for a bit of pitboss.

Nugog told me about this just today, am I too late?

Leave a comment:

• Strudo
    replied
    Very cool. Look forward to somore more pics when the are available

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    This is the only pic I have transferred so far from the laptop. My good friend Randy, also from Canada (and whom I have known for 20 years) and I are standing at 17,000 feet (base camp), having just planted our prayer flags. My wife took the picture. I am in the yellow jacket. And that is Everest to the right of me (my left).

It was a beautiful clear day - and night. I have a fabulous picture of Everest in the moonlight that I will post shortly. A once in a lifetime event. I do feel honoured and blessed to be able to be there and look up.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    BTW - if anyone wants some BtS games to play - I hear there is this new tournament thing going on...........

Leave a comment:

• Strudo
    replied
    Hey Beta, where are the Everest pics?

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Originally posted by Wittlich
    Being a member of the Apolyton Staff is already filling-up your workload eh, Nugog?

No - the job I actually get paid for is going to be rather full on for the next few months, plus summer is coming - will need to spend more "outside" time with my boys.

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Nugog - not a problem. I think we will have lots of takers for the game, but if you have someone in mind, and they are reliable, send them our way.

Good luck with all the RL stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    Being a member of the Apolyton Staff is already filling-up your workload eh, Nugog?

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Guys - after some thought - I probably should not join this game - with some RL commitments etc - sorry.

I can rustle up a replacement player however.........

Leave a comment:

• Strudo
    replied
    Sounds good. Not sure what sounds good, but whatever you said sounds good. Lets just play already!

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    I sense a concensus...

Btw - snoopy will be joining this game. May as well ask a few other folks. Make it a big free for all.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Originally posted by Wittlich
    My vote is for BtS, Random Civs on a Pangaea map.
    Works for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X