All Around the Circle PBEM II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Masuro
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• To Masuro
      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• To Masuro

Comment

• OK, I think I have found the procedure to make the saves work with the new patches.........

For PBEMs the person who set up the game has to unlock the save with admin password in an un-upgraded install, then re-lock the save with admin password again after you patch

So, using an un-upgraded install you need to open the save from within your un-upgraded version of Civ, hit shift-alt-d, then type in the current admin password, then in the new window.. delete the stars in the password box, and press ok

then save

Then, in an upgraded install you open the above save, from within your upgraded version of Civ, hit shift-alt-d again, then re-type your chosen admin password and press ok

then play your turn, press end turn and send on to next player as normal........

Comment

• It look like Masuro set this game up so hopefully he has the admin password secure somewhere...................

Comment

• Once we have all patched to the latest version maybe we should post here to confirm, then Masuro can apply the above procedure and we can continue this game..........

Comment

• I have both an un-upgraded and upgraded version of Warlords running so I am good to go either way......

Comment

• I upgraded when I installed BtS. I can get back to an un-upgraded version by installing from scratch on my laptop but would rather not.
                  Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• I too would rather update the game to the BtS version of Vanilla Civ. While I have the duel install at the moment I would rather reclaim the disk space if possible.......

Comment

• I've installed BTS but won't be able to play turns until I get back to Korea.
                      Upgrading the saves looks complicated and I'm not sure I remember if I used a password or not. Oh, dear . . . .
                      Formerly known as Masuro.
                      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

• No rush Masuro, and I'm sure we'll figure it out........

BTW, when do you get back to Korea??

Comment

• I get back on the 18th. Give me a couple of days to recover and then I will see what I can do about saving our game.

Comment

• Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.

Comment

• I've followed the directions above and sent the save to Cerberus. Let's hope it works.
                              Can I open these saves in BtS? Swapping CDs all the time is a pain in the arse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masuro
                                Can I open these saves in BtS? Swapping CDs all the time is a pain in the arse.
                                It truly is, and I've found no way to get around this yet......

Comment

Working...
                                X