No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Japan just declared war on me, so I guess Salad Head is off the hook for now. The last city of his that I took was extremely difficult. I probably lost atleast 10 or 15 units in the process, many being catapult sacrifices for the collateral damage. The city was on a hill and filled with fortified level 3 and 4 longbowman, and I had to attack from a tile with no defense bonus. I'm just thankful there were no walls.

Why'd you stop the war with America, Krazy?
    Last edited by aebbeka; January 14, 2008, 01:55.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• Whatever, you knew he was going to declare war on me again. He doesn't have much to gain, he can waste his units on me if he wants, I have a lot more resources than he does.

Comment

• aebbeka:
        tha walls are just defensive bonuses which you bombarded away... so the city was left with the longbows and the hills bonus...
        in your situation i would not have bothered fighting yet and instead waited for better units. riflemen are just around the corner for you and cannons are also just one tech ahead, so why bother with cats and just wait some 20 turns until they are all cannons and REALLY wreak some havoc

probably same goes for krazy.

as for japan: i could aide you by mounting a small intercontinental assault if you wish. however, my units are not even built yet and i'll only have slow galleons to transport 3 units at a time plus, i'm back in a builder phase (banks, universities, custom houses, levees, etc.)
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• goddamnit, i lost a greatly promoted unit in a 96.5% victory chance battle!!! i hate when that happens

Comment

• I can't believe that happens.....but I guess it does....

Comment

• Sabre sure seems to be ticking a lot of people off down south...

Comment

• those bastards attacked me... bloody cheeks!

had to switch from builder to wartime production... and i really don't like that plus, war weariness already kicking in after just sinking a few of their frigates... that sucks

Comment

• You're lucky we're afraid of you, or we would see this as a good time to attack.

Comment

• too late now. i have built a fair stack of units and more on the way. and the old ones are nice and experienced now

only thing that sucks: a roman frigate (strength 8) killed my battered transport (strength ~12 on coast)! on the other hand i'm just gonna capture and destroy a few cities i was eyeing anyhow. should have engaged much earlier (like adam and rocky)

Comment

• hey guys

in another pitboss game there was some discussion about code-of-conduct during wartime and i was wondering what your opinions were.

it's a problem in pitboss because you can "double-move" if you are last in one turn and first in the next, this can be expoited. especially in cases such as unloading and attacking, bombarding and attacking. or attacking and withdrawing.

my opinion is that it's ok because it's a) simply too complicated to control whether rules are being followed, b) can be used for both parties, c) it's quicker (no waiting)

in the other game one player actually resigned because of this. the current agreement is that during war time everything possible has to be done so that this doesn't happen... so you always play your turn at the same time of day. this of course makes the turns go up to 24 hours (unless you use civstats).

from what i heard, rocksteady and krazy did not have a "gentleman's agreement" for this.
                      so my question is: should we introduce such a rule in this game in case this happens or should we keep it simple and say that all is allowed?

my vote is for the simpler solution, but i will happily adhere to the other option.

Comment

• Simple works for me. Simple and fast, I don't think it'll make that huge of difference. I know it can sometimes, but as long as no one is waiting to make a double move just to do it, I'm ok with it.

Comment

• I too think it's alright as long as no one is intentionally waiting. This reminds me of a simultaneous turns game Krazy and I were playing a while back. We were both at war with an AI civ. I had one unit next to an enemy city and Krazy had a whole stack. He fought and fought to take the city, while I waited. The very instant he killed the second to the last unit in the city, I attacked, and voila, my city! Of course I was doing it for the laughs, and had every intention to gift it to him, but boy was he mad...

Comment

• goddamn f'ing shït!!!! i lost a 99.3% battle! i hate it when that happens
                            in the combat log caesar's unit hit me something like 9 times in a row without ever getting touched

Comment

• oh, and i'm away friday early morning until sunday afternoon (european time), so about two turns will be queued up. i'd appreciate not being ambushed during that time... my wrath would be swift and nasty (did somebody say "nuke"? )

Comment

• sorry adam, some of my generals decided that your acquisition of japanese lands is not in line with the future wellbeing of the world and thus have unilaterally attacked your cities.

and because the aggressive spreading of christian religion was endangering the buddhist way of life, our clerics have backed this war.

we perfectly well understand that you might feel the urge to counterattack, we want to make you well aware that as we speak the admiralty has convinced mr. caesar to sign a peace treaty and invite our leaders for some salad...

Comment

Working...
                                X