No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah, I missed a ton of posts thanks to the intermittent notification emails.

Yea, my internet was down for a few hours the other day, so that's probably why.

I was getting kind of bored with this game, and since Sabre is already the obvious winner I figured I had nothing to lose by attacking Krazy. Plus Gilgamesh is a good friend of mine and Krazy wasn't being nice to him. Eventually I wore tired of the war weariness and numerous battle losses that had >70% chances, so I just got Krazy to capitulate.

I have yet to understand what good anyone gets out of having vassal states. It's just more unhappiness for them and more maintenance for you. To me that doesn't seem worth the ability to demand resources and have a permanent war partner. There should be a tax bonus, researching sharing, etc.

So, how many more turns until you win so we can start a new one with you on Deity level?
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• i didn't know vassalage was possible for human players :-o

i've been losing too many >70% battles too... especially annoying when my great general led troup got killed with about 78% chance

vassal states (and thereby colonies) are good for reduced maintenance, further visibility, outsourcing research, for votes in UN, etc. unlike colonies and voluntary vassals, the conquered vassals are never happy...
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• on the topic of missing posts: use the following link as bookmark for apolyton:

then you can see all subscriptions and if you open all threads with the little red arrow ("goto new posts") in a new tab/window, you won't miss anything anymore

Comment

• as for the current game:
          i'm building spaceship parts. however, i'd quite like to finish this game with a small test (surprise for you guys, without that it involves me attacking you). it'll take 10-15 more turns, depending on the next great person.

Comment

• the next game i won't play on deity, but i'm happy to go up one more level! the problem is that the difference between levels is merely happiness and health... as you guys are still playing the same level, AIs won't get bonuses vs. you two.

for the next game i'd like to request following changes:
            - tech BROKERING allowed (but not free trading)
            - normal game speed (make units and upgrades worth something)

Comment

• Sounds good to me, I'll try to be a better player in the next game.

Comment

• I just met Hatshesput the Egyptian of the nation of America, and she looks a lot like Roosevelt. All his/her Egyperican cities are under revolt. What's going on? Is this a freshly independent colony?

Comment

• I saw that too!

Comment

• yeah, i thought i'd try out the "grant independence" thingy. hatsepshut looks pretty ugly indeed

all cities are in revolt because those are the old cities of huayna capac which i captured after he attacked me.

can you guys check what types of agreements you can get with roosevelpshut? because colonies get _all_ the techs of their former master. which of course is uncool if they suddently start trading away your carefully acquired techs

Comment

• Well with tech trading off that wouldn't be a problem in this game.

I sent Sabre the file so he can finish winning on his own. So shall we start a new game then? 15 minute limit on turns? I think the reason Sabre is so much better is that he spends an hour micromanaging a single turn, and we don't.

Comment

• no, i meant tech BROKERING off... that means you can trade around - but only the stuff you actually researched yourself. it prevents players for being shafted by others who sell their techs on further

Comment

• Originally posted by aebbeka
                          I sent Sabre the file so he can finish winning on his own.
                          done it. wanted to test whether the cultural victory is the same, now that there are two corporations that actually produce more culture. in the end i was clocking 950 culture per turn (not with hermitage), thanks to corporations, artists, building culture, two cathedrals, etc. 25000 culture isn't that difficult then anymore

i also kicked arse!! got joao II down to 1 city and was capturing&razing justinian's cities too.

So shall we start a new game then? 15 minute limit on turns? I think the reason Sabre is so much better is that he spends an hour micromanaging a single turn, and we don't.
                          towards the end it was an hour indeed, but only on my super-slow notebook during the army time (slow connection too). but yes, i do micromanage shïtloads! one needs to get the edge one way or another

so what type of game should we play next? pangea, islands again, something new?

Comment

• I'm up for anything.
                            I'll try my Vikings again, I don't think it really matters what Civ I play.

Comment

• I think this game was Archipelago, not Islands. Islands would be fun though. I like games where oceans matter, but Archipelago didn't leave me with much land. I vote for Islands (large, 1 civ each), maybe Continents as long as we can restart if I end up on the same one as Sabre.

Comment

• Ships are fun

Comment

Working...
                                X