No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Jungle Jumble, 2nd thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting score development: krazy has jumped ahead. i assume mainly because of stonehenge, right?

i have caught up with aeb, though i must admin that i have not been unlucky with food in one of my cities (built farm and two workships on clams, now struggling with happyness (cannot whip fast enough ).

by the way, i'm stuck on a continent with victoria of the english. she only has one city so far, but more land around her capital. i have a slimmish section. will be able to fit in 4 cities of my own and 3 of hers before conflict is bound to happen /

so anyhow, how are you guys looking so far?
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• *bump* ... hello?

anyhow, it seems we have been missing each other's playing times ... still, 2-3 turns per day is not the worst, but a nice 15-turn session to start off would be fun and mainly bring us closer to the interesting part

Comment

• Sorry, I wasn't getting the notification e-mails again.....
        I did not get stonehenge, I don't know how I got ahead so fast. I didn't fare too well with land, lots of snow and tundra. I found Isibella, and her cities are weakly defended right now, so I might go and try to take her out. Sorry about the playing time, I've been gone a lot so I've been slowing down the game, it should speed up a little bit this weekend for me.
        By the way... Sabre did you get Orical (sp) I was 2 turns from completing it, and then someone else got it. I was sad, because that would have helped out my lead.

Comment

• no, i didn't get the oracle... in fact, i'm not even close! only just built my first better-than-warrior unit which is heading to the city near to london (which i'll eventually want to capture). unfortunatly churchill has protective archers all over so it's gonna be difficult.

i think adam got the oracle as he has bounced up in score.

me, i'm struggling with a mere 4 cities at 60% research
          should be better once i found the 5th city which gives me access two other luxury resources.

'till then... cheerio!

Comment

• Yea, I got the Oracle, though I sort of wasted my free tech. When it asked which freebie I wanted, I wasn't paying attention and thought it was asking me which tech to research next, so I didn't pick the most expensive one. Oh well.

My land is fairly skinny, but I haven't explored very far at all so I don't know how big the island is. I have met a couple AI, one with a scout, so I guess I'm not alone.

I have a couple gold mines, so that's helping a lot with research. Pretty much the rest of my resources require Calendar, though that may have been the free tech I chose, I can't remember.

4 cities? I have 2, but I started with just 1.
            Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• i need more cities because they are all miserable!!
              don't forget that i'm playing higher difficulty. my cities get unhappy at size 4 already (5 with the gems resource i found).

will also need calendar, but i'd need maths first...

well, if you are ahead of me in score with just 2 cities, you must be dominating in terms of techs

Comment

• I'm surprised Sabre hasn't noticed and/or said anything yet, but another Nebraskan has joined the game, taking over the Americans. He's the biggest n00b of all of us, yet somehow he often does better than us. If you're not too happy with the addition of another player, for reasons such as slowing the game down, we can always kick him back to AI. Krazy didn't seem too thrilled about it.

Comment

• oh yes, i did notice actually! i wrote an in-game message to both of you but i guess it got lost along the way.

i don't mind any addition to the game - if he's even half as reliable in playing his turns like you guys are, i don't see him slowing down the game noticeably. in fact... me being in a completely different time zone probably makes a bigger difference...

that being said... i just hope you three don't ally up against me. don't forget that i'm playing 2 difficulty levels higher than all except aebbeka, who's one above the rest. my pairing the score is due to "aggressive negotiations" and cultural trait. the minor civs i have managed to extort thus far won't be researching any meaningful tech any time soon so i'll be stagnating my "organic growth".

i think i'd be able to cope in a "no tech trading" game, but in this one i hope you do actually trade something every now and then?!

anyhow, welcome on board, rocksteady...

Comment

• I don't mind a whole lot, he just happened to pick the same civ I was attacking at the moment. I don't know if he was invited to help slow me down so I wouldn't win. But I don't mind a whole lot, I'll crush him all the same.

Comment

• Wah ha ha.
                      I told him it was pretty much a choice between Rome, Japan and America. I told him that Krazy has just begun attacking America, that I may end up attacking Japan eventually, and that I didn't know anything about Rome, but it's a good possibility that Sabre might attack at some point. So, I guess he saw Krazy as the easiest fight. Although, I may or may not have told him it would be funny if he took over as the Americans, but it was completely his choice!

And Sabre, I don't foresee a 3-way alliance against you ever happening, unless this game ends up like most do, with you being more powerful than the 3 of us combined. As for levels, I believe that you're on Monarch, and everyone else is Noble. I didn't put Krazy down to Warlord, but based on his success so far, I don't think he has needed it.

Comment

• I was just upset because playing against an AI is different than playing against a human, so by him choosing the civ I had already begun to attack, changed my planing, and maybe would not have attacked him if he was human to begin with.
                        So it's changing the game, but like I said before, I'll crush him anyways.

Comment

• i actually prefer fighting human players because the reaction is different. the AI tends to overdefend unimportant cities but in return doesn't react to you stacking up 30 units just 1 tile outside the border.

on the other hand, it's not fun for the losing player to be crushed and such a player would likely throw away the game [that's the reason why lumpy and myself didn't attack you for so long in the "sneak attack" PBEM... we were worried you'd stop playing...)

i guess in pitboss games it matters less because the AI can take over again if somebody gives up.

that being said: i'm most likely NOT going to attack any of you. i didn't do it in the last game ("missing lump"), even though adam was literally just tiles away. but no guarantees! if somebody is running away with the game, preventative actions may have to be taken

btw... where's the new guy's turn?

Comment

• Surprise, surprise... Sabre's in first place.

Anyways, for those thinking that the recent cease fire with Salad Head was due to a failing offensive, you are quite wrong. I've taken his mainland cities and am currently regrouping (i.e. building boats).

Comment

• yeah... i'll enjoy it while it lasts
                              after having found your lands i'm positively surprised about what krazy has done out of his crappy starting location. and from what i can see, aebbeka has the best lands.

Comment

• but the absolute uber-city location is washington with 3 clams, 1 wheat and 1 cow resource, along with plenty of rivers for additional trade and hills for production! that's a city you can win OCCs with (on smaller maps of course!)

Comment

Working...
                                X