Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just played this and noticed I am at war with Proviisori.

With the game up and down I didn't note an earlier declaration of war before the invasion.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

That would be nice.
      Nobody that I know seems to know unfortunately
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
        Just played this and noticed I am at war with Proviisori.

With the game up and down I didn't note an earlier declaration of war before the invasion.
        I declared the same turn I moved to your lands.
        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori

I declared the same turn I moved to your lands.
          Give the new guy a break!! He just joined the game.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Nobody that I know seems to know unfortunately
            Thanks snoop. CS came up with a solution - not sure from whom or where - but it works. And with two PC's hooked up now - I have an easy solution.

Question though - how does one do the dula install. I loaded the first game into a separate folder - and removed all folders labelled Civ4, and yet the install disc still seems to know you have it installed and goes righ to play.

Clicking on the install.exe doesn't help either.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• btw - I asked a new member - Evalds - to take over for Rome. Haven't heard from him yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

Thanks snoop. CS came up with a solution - not sure from whom or where - but it works. And with two PC's hooked up now - I have an easy solution.

Question though - how does one do the dula install. I loaded the first game into a separate folder - and removed all folders labelled Civ4, and yet the install disc still seems to know you have it installed and goes righ to play.

Clicking on the install.exe doesn't help either.
                1. Install the game; do the "minimal" install (whichever of the dual you want less patched or without warlords or whatnot, go only that far).
                2. Duplicate the \SMC4\ folder.
                3. Finish patching/installing. The initial location will be the "patched" (or warlordsed) location, the duplicated location will be the less patched or not warlordsed location.

NOTE: You need to patch it to whatever point you intended it to be patched to, before duplicating; don't leave it entirely unpatched. I say "less patched" because usually you do this to have an earlier version available; but if you want a fully patched game but with no warlords installed, you need to fully patch BtS before duplicating. The only way to patch this second copy is to swap the two installs.

You will need to execute the EXE of whichever copy you intend to use - don't run from the CD. The original location will always be the default location according to windows. You'll want two shortcuts on your desktop, one for each install.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• OK - thx snoop!!!

Game came down at my end - damn minimize and close buttons being right next to each other. Sorry provi. I had to load from your recovery save - so you will need to replay. Have emailed him as well.

Comment

• hmph...

why do these games always come down after I have conquered a city

I bet the random generator isn't as favorable as the last time

Comment

• Pushed the wrong button again - bringing the game down from my end. I reloaded from my recovery save.

Wish they would have put a screen in there that asked if you REALLY REALLY wanted to close pitboss.

Also - I am going away for 7 to 14 days, so good luck to the game and to GS. We will see how long it stays up this time.

Also - Andydog is taking over my civ while I am away. many thanks Andy!

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori
                        hmph...

why do these games always come down after I have conquered a city
                        Damn. He's on to me.

Comment

• Beta, were you planning on doing your move on Aployton Gathering before you head out, or were you just planning on letting the clock countdown expire?
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• By the way, you have 23 minutes left on the turn timer.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• The game is not in the GameSpy list.

Comment

• Which is very strange because it is still running on civstat!

I want to play!

Comment

Working...
                                X