X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM "October Story"

Turn 4000bc sent to SebP.

I'm getting the "Save file protected to make sure your assets dir hasn't been changed". error. Anybody remember if the usual sources of this are known?

I guess one error source may be my no-cd patch. The problem is: While i own the original, i can't use the cd. I've been having problems with the warlords cd copy protection mechanism (the game will crash upon copy protection check, same as with c3c-conquests, but it doesn't happen with civ3 vanilla, ptw or CIV vanilla).

However there may also be other sources for the error as i remember there have been messages like this since the start of CIV pbeming.

Comment

4000bc resent to Sebastian. Let's see if this one works.

Very boring starting position this time ...

Comment

3rd trial finally worked

4000BC to sir ralph. I hope your starting position got more interesting this time around...

And here's a link back to the game setup thread:
        Last edited by SebP; October 6, 2006, 15:08.

Comment

Well yes, this time my starting position is okay. Not as good as on our first trial when I happened to have stone ressources next to my capital, but at least the landscape is kind of interesting.

Comment

4000bc sent

Comment

Played and sent. Niiice start point.

Steve
              I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

One turn complete ... next one sent to Sebastian.

@Sebastian:
                Tell me if you have trouble opening this one, then I have to replay the turn without admin pw.

Comment

I've had trouble opening it again
                  However i used the install of Warlords on my desktop (which doesn't need a no-cd patch, the drive accepts my ORIGINAL CD fine (rant) ) and I could open it with that (so that might actually have been the problem) and thus:
                  3940BC is now with Sir Ralph

As to why i didn't use the desktop right away:
                  - I never play civ4 on that, it's just to slow, but for pbem that doesn't matter, especially at gamestart
                  - The power supply (or mainboard) is broken since a couple days and i sometimes have trouble getting the desktop to run (I was actually in town yesterday to buy a new power supply, but all those that i found were too expensive). I could get it to run now by disconnecting 2 HDs

My starting position is nice too, but nothing insane
                  Last edited by SebP; October 7, 2006, 08:21.

Comment

*cough*
                    A reinstall on the notebook solved the problem - lucky that as the desktop's power supply is in constant degradation

Comment

There you are, where there's a will there's a way.

Steve
                      I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

I think a know why your power supply doesn't work ... we're in Stone Age, it's still 6000 years to "Electricity".

I'm impressed you have "computers" in the first place ... that's what I call one hell of a research rate.

Comment

3940bc sent

Comment

Here you go Claus - the next installment of the story

Steve

Mark Thomas

Comment

And on it goes ... yippieh!

Comment

Working...
                              X