This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3400 on its way
    I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

Blimey, I'm a Warlord now! When did that happen?

Steve
      I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

Maybe by thinking of wolfburgers.

Comment

Now it seems it's up to me to break this incredibly well rolling civving machine after the next turn ... Mighty Pharao Calahadres needs his beauty sleep to look nice in the British Museum.

Comment

It is sent. Nah i was going to break it after this turn too... but actually, now i want JOMT cause i got a hut to pop

and i never ever heard "blimey" before today. dict.leo.org offers "Himmelkreuzdonnerwetter"

Comment

3400bc sent

100 posts = Warlord. 300 = Prince.

I have about 30 min left.

Comment

I love that "blimey" ... sounds like some old-fashioned British officer talk. Actually, I think I learned it from Peter Sellers in "Doctor Seltsam", and from several Michael Pallin and John Cleese appearances in "Flying Circus".

Comment

Turn sent to Sebastian. After today's top class performance I promise you will all be sacrificed only to my favorite Gods.

Good night, and good luck.

Comment

3340bc to the koreans

Comment

3340 don and sent. Massive warrior/lion slap down.

"Blimey" is still used as an exclamation in London (where I live) though more in fun these days then seriously. As I'm not a Londoner by birth I often use it to gently ridicule my neighbours, wife and kids.

Boring, but true. Blimey as an exclamation stems from the reformation and is a contraction of "May God blind me." Which the medieval Englishman said a lot apparantly. When the protestants came in they came down heavily on "Taking the Lord's name in vain" and consequently people simply disguised the old swear words they were used to hence blimey. Another good one is the English use of "bloody" as an adjective, such as "bloody weather" and "bloody buses", when it bacame an adjective I don't know but the word itself is a contraction of "By my Lady" .

There you go , don't let any one tell you you can't learn anything palying PC games.

Steve

Mark Thomas

Comment

3340bc sent. Good night.

Edit: Blimey, my successor posted quick.

Comment

Sir Ralph

Did you actually send 3340? It hasn't come through.

Steve

Mark Thomas

Comment

Everyone has obviously gone to bed. I think I shall do likewise. 'Night all.

Blimey

Steve

Mark Thomas

Comment

I'm confused ... who has the turn now? Not me.

Comment

i believe it's like that: sending of 3340BC from sir ralph to rumpo kid failed.

Note that rumpo kid's above turn notification
                                3340 don and sent. Massive warrior/lion slap down.

is from one turn earlier, when he was sent 3400bc. he's the last player, thus he always sends out the new year too you

Comment

Working...
                                X