X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn played and sent on.

Merry Christmas everybody.
    What is best in life?

Crush the enemy, see them driven before you; and hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

by the way, patch is out (try hitting update within the game. mirrored files download of the v1.52 update will probably be available soon...)

i vote for patching immediately, but will only do so when a majority of the PBEMs decide to do that.
      from what i have read, this patch is great and improves many things!
      what do you guys think?
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Yep I agree we should patch. It's early enough in the game if it messes it up we just start over. Whoever has done the patch should say that in their post to the next player. I suspect you will have to be on the new version to open a 1.52 save.
        What is best in life?

Crush the enemy, see them driven before you; and hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

me, or newell before me. the holiday time may confuse a little because whoever has already left doesn't know about the patch.

also, pitboss seems to be mentioned in the readme. does anybody know how this can be used? it would be nice to be able to replace players temporarily by an AI player during his absence

Comment

sent to sabrewolf

Comment

to PJL

not yet patched

Comment

civ

Hi Guys

Agree with you about the patch, though other than downloading the patch not sure how to update our game orif we will need to start again.

regards

Phil

Comment

well, there are some problems with the patch when loading most of the PBEMs. if anyone can find out why and especially how to prevent it from happening... please tell me

Comment

The problem last time was that one player would patch and then the next wouldn't, the older version of Civ not able to open the "newer" save. I'll do some looking into this.
                    What is best in life?

Comment

Hi Guys

Hope you all hada good Chirstmas.

Any news on the patch and when we shoudl download it?

regards

Phil

Comment

It looks like most of the existing PBems have gotten through OK. The only problems coming when one of the players is not patched and the other are. So when one of you patches and plays they need to tell the next guy in line and he needs to get the patch before he plays that turn. There also may be as problem with the game passwords. They may have to be removed before we update and then put back in after everyone is patched. The two PBEM's I'm in have stalled for the holidays so I haven't patched yet but when it get going I will. The patch is supposed to address the long load times and the memory usage problems with the game. We'll see.
                        What is best in life?

Comment

i have managed to fix some PBEMs that i was in where there were admin passwords. so that shouldn't be an issue (send it to me if you get the "protected assets" message.

as for patching: it's worth it. many many improvements and only a few people have more problems than before. all in all it seems like an improvement!

Comment

civ

Hi Guys

Have sent the turn onto Dracolisk.

Have also patched after i had sent the turn on it.

cheers

Phil

Comment

OK I patched BEFORE doing the turn so Evereyone is gonna have to update to play the save. It's on to Newell.
                              What is best in life?

Comment

3720bc to PJL

Comment

Working...
                                X