• Show
Clear All

Turn done, only 1 player missing....

14 players would have been too much?

Comment

Originally posted by PMBMaker View Post
      Turn done, only 1 player missing....

14 players would have been too much?
      As Evalds had earlier posted he was only looking for 12 players (probably to keep the map size large instead of huge) and he had already extended that number to 13.

If your friend is still looking for a game, there is another new game starting up at:

I am thinking of hosting my first game so I have hopefully set up everything right, so right now I have a test game up in noscorev2. I am using hamachi since it is easier for me that way, since I have no idea what my IP is and when I try it via whatismyip.com, it does not come up with the...

I am also sure that someone will eventually need a sub or replacement in this game so your friend could make the first alternate.

Comment

Its not a drama but at least a post saying something like you did in yours...

We're sorry but we think another player would make the game less playable for everybody.

But all is cool

Can someone post when turn 2 is up?

Thanks,

PMB

Comment

I seem to be having a problem logging in the game this evening. I've tried multiple (6 or 7) times over an 8 or so hour period. I have to try twice to join the game (where the civ select screen is up) and on the second I connect. Then I pick my civ and enter my password and it "transfers data" or whatever it says and once it actually starts to load the game CIV just shuts down.

Any ideas about this sudden switch? I logged in multiple times this morning (up until 12 or 1pm) and had no problems then the above started happening. Have any settings been changed by the host or something like that?

Comment

I just logged on fine with no problems. Not sure what is causing the problems you're having, FierceFighter.

There is 6 hours, 45 minutes left. So far all players have finished their turn except for Joao II of Portugal.

Comment

Hmm, I don't know what it is. The turn should have time so if it isn't any better by this evening I'll try a fresh install and see if that fixes it. Ideas are much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiercefighter4 View Post
                Hmm, I don't know what it is. The turn should have time so if it isn't any better by this evening I'll try a fresh install and see if that fixes it. Ideas are much appreciated.
                I do not have a specific answer to your problem but here are some basic troubleshooting ideas (these may be overtly obvious and you have probably already tried them).

1) Restart your computer and try again. There may be a crashed process that is interfering with your civ install.

2) Try logging into another pitboss game. (If you are not playing in any other game see if someone you know will let you attempt logging into their game), This will help isolate whether the problem is with your civ installation in general or specific to this game.

3) Make sure no mods are being loaded.

4) Shut down your firewall and see if you can join the game. If so then the problem is in your firewall settings.

5) Shut down all other programs to ensure none of them are causing a conflict.

6) Try the reinstall you mentioned.

Comment

I think someone asked that it be posted when the turn rolls. The turn has rolled, although Joao II of Portugal did not take his turn.

Comment

Thanks. ^^
                    Formerly known as Masuro.
                    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Grrr. It is asking me to choose a civilisation again. And then the game crashes when it is initialising. Anyone else having a problem on their second turn?
                      Formerly known as Masuro.
                      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

PMBMaker, is your friend who did not get to this game interested in replacing someone in a game already running, but still in the 1000's year?
                        If so, let me know.
                        http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

For me it was smooth process - logged, played my turn, log out.
                          http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by marcuspeddle View Post
                            Grrr. It is asking me to choose a civilisation again. And then the game crashes when it is initialising. Anyone else having a problem on their second turn?
                            Worked fine for me. My turn has been played.

Actually, I had a thought. With all the new players there may be one or more players who do not have their firewall set properly, in which case anyone trying to login while they are logged in would get an error.

Comment

ok so far. played second turn. How are you guys able to tell who hasn't played their turn? I logged in this morning about 2 hours before the clock clicked over, and I wasnt sure if the 1 player had gone yet..so I logged back off. Is there a way to tell?
                              'Got any dragons you need slain?' Scar Gordon, Glory Road

Comment

If all players have played their turn, it immediately moves to a new turn. As a player ends their turn, an asterisk appears by the players name in the game. So any players name with no asterisk by their name are still to play a turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X