Looking for PBEM game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFree
    Sorry about that. I thought you had finished.

Game is back up. For some reason, when I reset the timer to 36 hours, saved the game, quit the game and reloaded the saved game, it did not reset the turn timer to 36 hours.

Anyone know the reason why or how one does change the turn timer? It just might change after the current turn is done...
    That is correct, it changes it for the next turn, sorry.

My guess as to your problems are either firewall related, or port related (do you have it set to a non-2056 port?). If it's port related you probably have no-one able to connect though, so that's less likely, so I would tend to blame firewall issues (or router forwarding issues, which are give or take the same thing)...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I rebooted my machine to see if that could fix the problem and XP crashed during the revoot; maybe that was it.

Try again fellas.

Comment

• Time-Out

Comment

• Same here. Time out :/

Comment

• Ok, try again now. My settings should not have changed from what they were, but I went ahead and re-loaded setting onto my router. Basically, opening up port 2056...

Comment

• I hate to say it but I get timed out :/

Comment

• Same here.
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Wot he said.....
                  Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                  The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                  Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                  Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Please try again.

Comment

• It works! And I got to play 2 turns! I am happy now. Thanks!

How did you fix it? what turned out to be the problem?

Many thanks, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giwi
                        It works! And I got to play 2 turns! I am happy now. Thanks!

How did you fix it? what turned out to be the problem?

Many thanks, again.
                        Not sure exactly. I re-booted my router and my PC and now it works. So, I'm at a loss to explain...

Comment

• Also, turn timer is now at 36 hours. Play your turns in a timely fashion or the turn timer will expire and you lose your chance to make moves/changes.

Comment

• Giwi, you need to replay. PC crash.

Comment

• Okay, Not much lost :P

Edit: Okay its getting late, im hitting the bed, thanks for fixing it
                              Last edited by Giwi; November 24, 2007, 23:51.

Comment

• In, Played, Out.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                                X