PTBS Team War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks that clarifies things.

And at least there's a chance for some sea warfare.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sea warfare doesn't happen frequently unless you're in a very balanced game that goes to the late game - but it can have some pretty interesting effects, because if you're not prepared for it and your opponents ran the table to astronomy, you can often find yourself losing a few cone cities in civs you considered 'safe' ...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

How is the "ABCDE" order done - randomly or we agree he locations btw us ?

Comment

Originally posted by ptzvetan
          How is the "ABCDE" order done - randomly or we agree he locations btw us ?
          It all depends upon whether you support sea warfare or not.............
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

ABCDE order is random as far as I know. I don't think there's a way to set them.

We could agree to allow people to 'shuffle' who is in what spot (since it's a PTBS, you could just log in as a different player), but part of the fun is the randomness

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              ...but part of the fun is the randomness
              I concur.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Randomness good.

Inland sea good.

I think if everybody used the diplomacy from civstats we'd actually be fine without needing a lot of extra threads.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Random civs is good.

Inland sea ... not too sure about. Great for one vs one vs one vs one games, but a large team game like this.

I think I would lean towrad either pangaea, or archiplego.

Or maybe the stringy continents one.

But if it is inland seas - lets rock.
                  Attached Files
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                    Random civs is good.

Inland sea ... not too sure about. Great for one vs one vs one vs one games, but a large team game like this.

I think I would lean towrad either pangaea, or archiplego.

Or maybe the stringy continents one.

But if it is inland seas - lets rock.
                    Inland sea and Team Battleground are the choices. Pangaea is terrible for this sort of game, and archipelago is much worse.

Pangaea doesn't have balanced starting locations at all, and isn't good about starting teams together. Inland Sea and Team Battleground are the best maps for a "team" fight (with a few other fun ones also but these two are best).

Comment

Guys any place for me? I would love to join u Ah i'm the 11th oh well guess no place for me
                      Last edited by Toni; October 22, 2007, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni
                        Guys any place for me? I would love to join u Ah i'm the 11th oh well guess no place for me
                        Its probably best because you may be placed on Beta's team and that would suck
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

We would welcome Toni on our team, if you could come up with a sixth willing to experience such a quick and humiliating defeat.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Inland sea and Team Battleground are the choices.
                            Team battleground then.

Looks good from up here ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Beta

Well i hope u guys find a place for me in this game
                              Last edited by Toni; October 24, 2007, 11:28.

Comment

Well if Beta's team is so much in need of some help why not go 6vs5

Comment

Working...
                                X