No announcement yet.

New team game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm... perhaps I might persuade someone...
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

/me please

(i'm the one geo is refering to)
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Sabrewolf
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That was quick.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yee haw!! We got us a game. Welcome Sabre! Good to see you.

So - dacole - are you reading up on pitboss and how to tun this. You have both snoop and me in this game to help guide you, although I bow to snoop's greater knowledge in this regard.

4 teams of two - chosen randomly by my dog. (I might have to wrap each persons name around a dog treat - drop them in his bowl, and see what order they come out. The first two names form a team, then the next two, etc. And if it is a big screw up I can always use the excuse that my dog ate my homework.

Island starts??? Is this OK with folks? Game name - The Aegean.

Now civs? Ephack had listed some pairings earlier. I had suggested we all get Greece. But I am not hung up on this one way or the other. Everyone getting Greece is a great leveller - especially with island starts. And then we all customize our civs to some Greek/Hellenistic/Delian League type name.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Beta - don't know if you're interested but we may be getting a (normal) MP game on tonight at some point with some other casual players, check 'rah's saturday night game' thread in MP forum (yes, it's friday, that's what we mean)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well done folks, thank you and welcome sabrewolf!

In the beginning, nobody wanted to play with me, but then I met Beta...

Beta: you don't mean your dog will eat the names and then you...

And I volunter to be the first to choose a civ: I would like to rule the Athenians, because I really believe in Athena and her reincarnations. On that account, If I could have a female leader, it would of course enhance my charismatic power on my people...

Concerning the civs choice, beside the point that Alex doesn't really look feminine, I have no preference. Both options can be interesting. What is your opinion?

Comment

I tried to insert a file, but that wasn't the good way to do it. Now again:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Beta - don't know if you're interested but we may be getting a (normal) MP game on tonight at some point with some other casual players, check 'rah's saturday night game' thread in MP forum (yes, it's friday, that's what we mean)
                    Thanks snoop! Next week would work for me, but tonight I was playing HOTW 8 with CyberShy, Ozzy and crowd. Great game. Off to a fairly good start.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephack
                      In the beginning, nobody wanted to play with me, but then I met Beta...

Beta: you don't mean your dog will eat the names and then you...
                      Nope. He is a well trained young dog. He knows teh 'leave it' command fairly well, so I can get him to drop it. But I expect he will just like the game of picking oit the cookies wrapped in paper. [/quote]

And I volunter to be the first to choose a civ: I would like to rule the Athenians, because I really believe in Athena and her reincarnations. On that account, If I could have a female leader, it would of course enhance my charismatic power on my people...

Concerning the civs choice, beside the point that Alex doesn't really look feminine, I have no preference. Both options can be interesting. What is your opinion?

Athenians! Great choice! I am so disappointed that Pericles was not added as a leader for Greece - creative and/or charismatic and/or industrious. All of those would have fit.

As to civs - I ams till split between all of us taking Greece - or picking regular civs and renaming them as Greek city-states. Maybe that would make more sense.

I will take Delos, and the Delians.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ephack
                        I tried to insert a file, but that wasn't the good way to do it. Now again:
                        As long as the file is a jpeg or something similar - and less that 800 pixels wide and high (600 or 500 wide works better - doesn't stretch the thread) - just browse it in your pictues folder upload it directly. That's what I do for most of my pics.

Comment

Yep! That's what I did too. But I also made a preview to see my file. Which wasn't here, I don't know why. I though it was only because of the preview and hit submit. But the image was still not there. Anyway, now I now how to do it, and that I shouldn't make a preview

Is the game up now? It still appears as deconnected in civstats.

Comment

The game has started? Teammates are already picked?

If not, I like to make a counter proposal on the teams: The 4 civs that border the mediterranean (Carthage, Egypt, Rome and Greek)

And I was under the impression we got to choose our own teammate? Guess not...
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Nope. Game has not started. Still considering the set up.

Your idea on civs is also intriguing. Do we go with an inland sea start (already have one of those with Bohemian Epic) ? I am liking the island starts idea.

As to team mates - we proposed random as no natural teams coalesced. Is everyone Ok with picking team mates?

Technically Ephack "started" this game, so Ephack should get the final call, IMO.

Comment

No, no inland sea map required for me. I prefer a real global map.
                                Islands is ok for me, but I hope the map won't be bigger then a standard map. (low-end computer here)
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X