No announcement yet.

New team game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well clearly Euros are peaceful, they never have big long deadly wars or anything, do they?

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

dacole - welcome!

I hadn't hosted a game either up until about a month ago. Bohemian Epic is now running relatively smoothly. A few little frustrations at the start - but as ephack has pointed out - the community is getting more experienced all the time. Besides - we have resident expert snoopy right here. He has drafted an excellent guide which walks you through the set up.

Remeber - the only thing you need to be prepared for is leaving your PC on 24/7, with periodic shutdowns for maintenance/upgrades. It is easy to save and reload the pitboss game though, so this is not too much of a hassle.

Ephack - 8 would be good - 4 teams of 2.

And would you like to be team mates - or is this going to be randomly assigned?

And as another suggestion - how about 8 european civs - a "Europe in Flames" game.

English-French
      Germans-Russians
      Spanish-Romans
      Greek-Ottoman

Haven't checked the traits yet.

EUROPE IN FLAMES
      Attached Files
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Another thought is that we do a Greek City States war. We all get the Greeks, with fixed pairs.

SPARTANS PREPARE!
        Attached Files
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

PM'ing Andydog, rumpo kid, and few others to see if they want in.

Comment

Along the line of Greek city states, maybe a game called Aegean, with island starts, and a short turn timer in the early going to get through the growth part, extending it when we start hitting the seas.

(sorry - just full of ideas this morning. And about to set up my better half's lap top so I can run a second pitboss game - some of the ideas above.)

AEGEAN
            Attached Files

Comment

No, that's fine, Beta, on the contrary: That's really good to have people with good ideas

The idea with the Greeks is interesting: then we would all have the same civ and it would be really equilibrated. Is there anywhere on the net a good map of Greece? Or perhaps is it too small for 8 civs. Should we take a mediterranean map? Or a totally random "islands map"?

And if anybody wants to be with somebody in particular, I have nothing against that. But I don't have myself any preference.

Comment

Thanks for the PM Beta. This game looks great! I'll be keen to play. I like the idea of an island map but will be happy to go with the consensus.

Comment

That makes Ephack, snoopy, pinchak, dacole (host), Andydog, and Beta. Two more spots open - or we can go with 6 if there are no takers.

Random draw for teams then?

Comment

Yop! I would say so. Can I nominate your wife official civ4-MP-random drawer?

Comment

Sounds good. And she has been teaching my dog new tricks, so he might be do the honours - drawing names from his food bowl.

Here is Wyatt the Wonderdog. He was watching the Daytona 500; hence the scarf.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you can use other players, I'm game.
                        (o yes, this presumes it's a pitboss game with a dedicated server? No GameSpy intermediating?)
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Welcome Andydog and Geomodder!

Yes, this is a "home-hosted servor" game.

So, I go back to my "navigation manuals". In fact, I'm normally not very good at ruling the seas. But I'm learning fast...

Comment

Yea!! Glad to see this has taken off do we have a start time? As well will need instructions on how to host. Also changing computers when ever I get my motherboard back so it can run a duel core chip...not sure how long that will take, but will at that time need help in what files I need to take over to continue the game...(new hard drive as well)
                            A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

PTBS setup guide (draft) is in my sig now. Check it out. I think it should be thorough enough for you. If you have a fixed IP, or if you can use dynDNS to get a fixed IP name, then you can (and should) set it up as DirectIP; otherwise you'll have to use gamespy ("internet").

I at one point preferred gamespy but it's failed us lately, so I definitely suggest directIP if you can. If you want to set up a dyndns account I can help with that also.

If you switch computers, all you need to do is to take the savegame just as if you were switching computers with a normal Civ game, and reinstall Civ of course.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Welcome GeoM! Youmake seven. We need one more for 4 teams of two. Anyone have anybody else they want to invite?

Comment

Working...
                                X