Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aro? dacole?

Anybody want to host this one.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• The pittboss game time forgot....

Comment

• I'd host it as a second one, but from what I've seen it's not practical to do this unless you involve gamespy for the second game...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Maybe we don't have a choise...

gamespy is the way to go then. I hope it works little better this time.
          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• so when is this game starting?
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• ASAP ?
              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• We need someone to host it. MrBoo - are you up for that?
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I have not a single cule as to what hosting does, or how one would do it.

I suppose I could try, but I'd need major help (this is my 1st PBEM game anyways)
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• mrboo: check the Snoopy's signature: he's made a guide to explain how to do it. Should'nt be complicated, but your computer has to be online 24h/24 7d/7 to enable everybody to play. And it is better if you have a fixed IP (you could use the service of dynamicip for example).

Comment

• MrBoo - hehehe! That's the same way I felt when I hosted my first game (Bohemian Epic), and I went through a bit of a learning curve.

But snoop's guide is great - and answers many of the questions I had. You will also have snoopy and me here to help you through the set up. And in all honesty - it is not that big of an issue. I just had to get over the urge to turn my computer off each night.

Comment

• OK I am back and the new computer IS ALIVE!!!! Took forever to get it to work and I am still transfering things from the old to the new, and at some points I will be updating programs such as lord of the rings online (I'm in the beta). As such at some times the pitboss server will be down in the next week or so. However I can start this today or tommorow. Will need to spend some time with the files looking and I will need to spend some time setting up the game.

In fact lets say it will start on Thursday. What settings are we using? (game) do we want to each look at the map for starting positions before we start? Do we want to try and find a cmn to make a map?

The islands map we were talking about before would be a lot of fun IMO most of the time navel units are underused...
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

• Does the computer automaticly put civs that are on a team next to each other? Or it is random?

Comment

• Don't know the answer to that, who is still around? What settings should I use for this?
                            A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

• I'm still waiting.

I think we agreed on an island map. But thats about all I know

Comment

• The teams will start near each other on some maps, I don't think they will on all maps. If you choose an island map, then they will probably start close but not on the same island.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X