No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although our enemies like us little, they amuse us much. We'll miss them once they're gone.

Originally posted by Beta
    And Russia prepares...
    ... with their Pacifist Draft, the source of much mirth in Celtia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake

... with their Pacifist Draft, the source of much mirth in Celtia.
      Hey - don't knock it until you've tried it. We have the most enlightened conscripted army on the planet.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Alex, would you restart the CivStats uploader, please? It's not connected at the moment, even though the game seems to be up and running just fine.

Thanks!

Comment

• Something happened to the server overnight, and the last autosave I found was from around 1:30 am EST.

Comment

• proviisori will be replacing me temporarily as the Russian leader, starting this Wednesday, for a period of 7 to 14 days.

Thanks provi! Do Russia proud!
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• While I do love a good mystery I'd like to know why Nolan is ending the turn later in the day?

I'm committed to playing first and in a single session with no subsequent logins and I'd prefer to do that earlier in my day rather than later.

Earlier the turns were ending at about 9am my turn so I could play first thing, that was great. I'm trying not to be paranoid and believing it's so I play my turn when I'm tired . (don't worry I'm just joking)

Comment

• Damn. He's onto us.

Blake - fully understand your point. No conspiracy here; I just think that is the way the timing worked out.

Sometimes Andy is the last to play - and his timing may have adjusted our 'regular' time cycle. Not sure.

(edit) - just checked the turn log - and it has been Nols ending the last couple turns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
                  While I do love a good mystery I'd like to know why Nolan is ending the turn later in the day?

I'm committed to playing first and in a single session with no subsequent logins and I'd prefer to do that earlier in my day rather than later.

Earlier the turns were ending at about 9am my turn so I could play first thing, that was great. I'm trying not to be paranoid and believing it's so I play my turn when I'm tired . (don't worry I'm just joking)

Actually, Nols has been ending her turns a bit later in her days because we were getting tight with how much time we had to play our turns. Gloria is in the US, 6 hours behind me - the best time we can play our turns together without affecting our real lifes too much is ~9am her time & 3pm my time. She is playing the game as the first thing every day, I am playing it after finishing the urgent everyday business stuff and before my wife comes home (Karina is a real treasure when it comes to understanding/tolerating my occasional gaming streaks, but this game has probably gone a bit too far even for her, so I'm trying to play before she comes home and wants to spend some time with me...).

However... if we play our turn starting 9am/3pm and end it as soon as we are done, then we are forced to the same pattern a day later - if a more complex turn follows an "easy" turn, we can easily run out of time - plus, Gloria sometimes needs to see a doctor or go grab some stuff downtown in the morning, which makes it impossible to play the turn at the usual (early) time.

So we are now doing it a bit different than before. We meet at around 9am/3pm, play the part of the turn that requires coordination, then Nols goes to take care after her real life and I slowly finish my "independent" moves. If anything unexpected pops up, I message/email Nols and she takes care of that later in her day, when she logs back into the game to end the turn (I am already sleeping by then).

If this does not work well for you time-of-the-day-wise, we will do our best to go as much back to what it used to be as possible - what time zone you are in? What's the GMT time when it's 9am your time?

Comment

• BTW, the game seems to be down at the moment - at least it's not listed in the lobby (and the CivStats uploader is disconnected, too).

Alex - can you check it and possibly restart, please?

Comment

• Hi,

Sorry if it is not consistent. Japan being on the front lines requires lots of coordination vs the huge Celt civ. Radek is right, we really are trying to coordinate but at times real life really has taken a back seat. My aunt has wondered why I've lost real life activities during daylight. There are times that I'd like to spend the whole day caring for out of town issues.

I've not ended my turn quickly in order to retain the option of doing something during the day and finishing my turn at night. For example, on the weekend of the 17th, I have an art show which requires me to be setup and not playing.. or try to meet Radek at 4 am.. argh! before I have to put in the day's work. We could meet when I get back around 7 pm my time, 1 AM Radek's time. It gets tricky. I have tried to end my turn around 6 pm Firaxis time, so that it won't get lots later and I'd not be able to play my turn properly and meet Radek.

All of this is quite tiring since there is so much to do. Would it be possible to give us all a break and take the game down for that weekend? (17th November) Trying to meet real life schedules is nearly impossible at times.. and play a complex turn. I'm sure many of us would like a short break to catch up with chores that take more time.

How many players will be able to make turns during Thanksgiving 4 day weekend? Will some of us be away?

Nolan/Gloria

Comment

• I myself would welcome a break of few days - doesn't matter all that much when exactly it would be. I could finally catch up on a couple of things I've been kind of neglecting because of this game... the game is great, exciting, and all, but still - it's not supposed to occupy me like that...

Comment

• I'll be away from 20 to 25 of November and would have to find a replacement. I'd gladly stop the game during that time, or for a longer time, if you like.

Comment

• Could we have a break from the 17th (including that day) to when you get back Alex? Life has gotten too demanding recently.

Comment

• I'd support a break like that.

I mean - I guess I would be able to keep playing at the current pace "till it's over", but with a week-long break, I would be able to fix a number of little things that are making my real life less enjoyable than it could be with such a great game going.

Comment

• Btw there's time lag every day, I think the total turn is about 26 hours, I think that's because the game pauses while people are logging in and stuff.

Are you guys SURE you're not putting too much effort into this game? It really doesn't take that long to play turns. Last turn I managed it in 24 minutes .
                                Just know that I'm not putting an absolutely huge amount of effort into it, and I'm not going to just because you do :P. Don't feel obligated to spend hours, I really don't want you wasting real time over a game, you can if you really want to, but don't feel obligated to or feel that you need to in order to "compete".

I support such a break, it makes no difference to me. I mean, if it's on not clear that I've won by then :P.

Comment

Working...
                                X