Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach me!

So I've never played a real game of Civ4 PBEM before.
    Who would like to show me how it's done?

How about a game when the Warlords patch comes out?

How about a game where you and Trip play against the old CtP veterans, like Gramps or me ?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

How about a Chinese Unification scenario PBEM?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Wah, another game with alex in it?

Anytime!

Comment

I'm not sure how much I can teach you (maybe I can teach you how NOT to play ) but I'm a reliable player and that counts for something in the PBEM world.

I tried the Chinese scenario and found it a little dull. Well, very dull, to tell the truth.
          Formerly known as Masuro.
          The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Just a suggestion. Though I think it would be great for multiplayer diplomacy, balance of power, etc.

If you want to be taught btw I'd say I'm one of the best SMAC players in existence. Don't know yet about Civ4 though.
            Last edited by Maniac; October 7, 2006, 20:05.

Comment

I'm seconding for the Warring States scenario. It's on a small map so my notebook can handle that just fine.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

If you're interested, I suggested the same in the rec commons thread in the C4DG AC forum. Perhaps post there as well.

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't seem able to find that post... unless of course it's in the AC team forum on which I'm no longer a member.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd rather play a standard game - no scenarios.

SO what is a good setup for PBEM? I like Terra for single player, but is it any good for MP?

Comment

Terra makes up for nice SP games, even though the AI doesn't realize how important the beeline to Astronomy is and thus the human has an advantage and can pick the best spots in the new world. In a PBEM I suppose it would be more interesting.

There are more nice setups. Highlands, for instance. No navy, but a nice game involving strongholds, securing narrow passes, siege. If it's a toroidal setup (I don't know if that is now possible, I hope it so), there's no safe direction.

Or it could be conventional, fractal or pangea.

Everything has its strength and weaknesses.

Comment

I enjoy terra standard games but haven't tried a MP terra game. I'm not sure if there are any game balance issues on that kind of map for multiplayer or not.

I'm playing just one Warlords PBEM on a Pangea map, so still getting to know the ropes on Warlords multiplay. But if you're looking for fast reliable players, count me in!

edit: I just checked, and actually the Warlords PBEM I'm playing is on a Fractial map.
                        Last edited by Andydog; October 10, 2006, 17:51.

Comment

I also enjoy Terra in SP, but I think a Pangaea or a Fractal is better for PBEM. Then again, a PBEM isn't the same as regular MP, it's not necessarily cutthroat with a lot fighting. The very reason I like PBEM is that it has diplomacy, building and peace.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Terra sounds fine to me, as long as the map isn't too big.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd play in this I don't check this forum that often though, so please PM me once it gets set up

My setup preference: Pangea or Fractal ... or continents

Random leaders of course...

Oh, and this would be my first PBEM so i suspect i should be quite reliable (compared to civ3 which was a bit over the edge for me)
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X