No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game not showing in gamespy again.. (only two pitboss games there so assume gamespy went down at one point)

Comment

• CivStats uploader not connected either - looks like a more serious problem (well, as if GameSpy crashing was not enough...).

Comment

• Great, just as I was going to temporarily change my info for Nolan .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I still can't enter GameSpy while others apparently can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            I still can't enter GameSpy while others apparently can.
            I am having the same problem - after about an hour spent messing with my firewalls, tracerouting, remote connecting, and doing other stuff I should definitely not be wasting my time on, I believe the problem is a high-level network one somewhere along the way from here to California, where the GameSpy servers are.

From home (two different providers!), I cannot log into the lobby and I'm unable to open www.gamespyid.com. Tracerouting the IP address CIV attempts to establish connection with ends up in nowhere. If I remote connect to our downtown office (different provider), though, I can open www.gamespyid.com just fine and traceroute does find a route to the GameSpy server.

Since Sir Ralph seems to have exactly the same problem, it appears there is a problem somewhere in the high levels of international internet - I have had this problem already (with different sites) and there is nothing we can do about it but wait. Sometimes it gets fixed within hours, but I once had this problem for more than a week.

Considering the situation, it would be fair to pause the game until Sir Ralph is able to enter the game again.

EDIT: BTW, I already had this problem before going to bed last night, about ten hours ago...

Comment

• Well for me it probably doesn't matter anymore, I'm doomed in all cases.

Comment

• Hmmm... to my surprise, I have been able to get into the lobby just a minute ago (www.gamespyid.com still unreachable for me, though). Unfortunately, GameSpy must have gone through a(nother) major crash very recently, because there are only four games listed in the lobby (ours not among them).

Comment

• I couldn't connect to the host last night and this morning. I keep getting the message "The connection attempt to the host has timed out"

Am I the only one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirkenix
                    I couldn't connect to the host last night and this morning. I keep getting the message "The connection attempt to the host has timed out"

Am I the only one?
                    I have same problem.. and looking at civstats, it seems the game locked up about 10 hours ago.. timer has not gone down since then

Comment

• Kalimera!

I am enjoying subbing for Solver while he is away quite a bit. Count me in as a sub for anyone with similar situations.

Nolan

Comment

• I'll be away this weekend, so I will not be able to restart the server when Gamespy crashes - I've been doing that every few hours lately.

Comment

• This is weird... I can see (on CivStats) myself, Nolan, Gyathaar, CarBorga, ToxoXI, and grater to briefly log in and out the game at 12:11am (my time, I presume) - but I am sure at least in my case, it was not me!?

Never noticed anything like that before...

Comment

• Back from a short trip, I can't find the game in GS.

Comment

• GameSpy has been crashing all the time today - and alexman is outta town, unable to restart the game until Monday.

Seems we are in for a short break.

Comment

• Meh, what can we do about it? No problems. Everyone have a great Easter though!
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X