No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Vovan and Gramps vs the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I lied. Berlin will fall next turn. We need to do more bombardment first.

As for the next target, I'd say go for Cologne - it is only two tiles away, whereas Essen is three, plus, the way to cologne is all hills, so better defense for your units, while the way to Essen is only one tile hills and two plains.

As far as coasting to victory, I don't really want the "by score" victory, it's too bland and boring. :P We should go for domination, methinks. We could stop the war and try for space, but I don't see a reason to, since we are pretty much rolling over the enemy any way.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

accepted goods exchange

onto Cologne

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Great!

Berlin falls and some key wonders fall into our hands: the Hanging Gardens (+ health) and Notre Dam (+ happy).

We also found Portland next to where Boston used to be.

I'll leave the rest of northern germany - Cologne and Essen - for you. As for my troops, we are marching on Memphis and Elephantine - the first real invasion of old-world Egypt.
        Spore page

Comment

next turn cologne

troops headed to essen as well

where after sir..shall we head?

Comment

Of course, I couldn't let you take more cities than me. So I decided to forego the regular bombing down of a city in favour of faster conquest at greater losses. Memphis taken at the loss of a tank, a gunship and two SEALs. (Probably could have taken it with no losses a couple of turns from now... But any way, our numbers are superior to those of Egypt and so is our production. Hence, the majority of the cities has switched to infrastructure production to strengthen our economy a little bit, and we can afford to be a bit careless with our troops when taking the cities.

With the fall of Memphis, the Egyptians have lost their first core city (it was size 20), which definitely dealt a substantial blow to their chances for victory. Now we are marching for Elephantine and the Thebes.

I suggest that once you take Cologne and Essen, to concentrate on Northern Egypt, I believe the closest city to you is Alexandria. Go for it. Anything north of Elephantine is yours.

Once we have taken everything on the old world continent, I believe we should be pretty close to victory (though I forgot to check the victory conditions screen to see how our current land area percentage is doing...
            Spore page

Comment

OK, I took another look at the turn, and it appears we have 68% of the land area, where we need 72%. I'd say we can wrap this game up by year 2010 (in another 17 turns ).
              Spore page

Comment

awesome

cologne is now ours

next or the one after and essen is ours
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent work, General Troll.

Our troops are marching on Elephantine and Thebes: the former will fall within the next three turns, the latter might take up to five or, depending on the situation with the bombers. It is, after all, the Egyptian capital, no shame in taking your time to take it.

I am also assembling a naval task force in Corinth to take some of the poorly protected island cities in the south, such as Stuttgart.
                  Spore page

Comment

next turn Essen

Comment

Good stuff.

Troops roll.

I sent a transport with three tanks and an artillery to feed the fishes.

Also, researched composites: better tanks , better planes . If only we had the money for upgrades, this could expedite the process of conquest even further!

But we soon should have the money: at this point, we can probably turn off the research altogether (I notice you've done so a while back ), and also, we should soon have some +happy wonders from Egyptian cities, and of course, the loot money.
                      Spore page

Comment

Essen means Eat in Deutsche I believe

Its been almost 27 years since I was there..whew time flies by

anyhoo

its is our now
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great work! Press on to Alexandria, General Troll!

As for me, I took Stuttgart and Elephantine. All troops now marching for the Egyptian capital.

Pardon the lack of screenies... I'm playing on my parents' computer, which is substantially weaker than the one I have, and so the game barely runs on it's own. I'm afraid to even think how long it would take to make a screenshot.
                          Spore page

Comment

its kewl

off to Alexandria

teach these heathans to mess with Vovan and his pet Troll
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thebes will fall within the next three turns. I suspect we will win then, since some of the cities you captured will come online then and add more territory for us.
                              Spore page

Comment

she does try
                                I forgot to mention Germany tried same mess last turn but I opted for the cities instead

2-3 until Alexandria
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X