No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Pen vs. Paintbrush, Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was fast- what save are you trying to load?
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

the pbem save from this game -- its v1.00
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

That's my point about adding password encryption in the patch- v100 saves with passwords shouldn't work because the password mechanism has changed. In that case, all v100 PBEMs with passwords are going to need restarting.

This seems like something Firaxis would have mentioned when the patch was released, but it wouldn't be the first time a PBEM issue slipped by them...

Comment

There has been speculation that v100 saves can be salvaged by loading them with an unpatched game and erasing the password. Haven't seen confirmation yet...

Comment

hmmm....i don't know if the reinstall is worth the time versus a restart.

GB, do you want to restart and hopefully we can email from the civ client. I'm assuming we can doubleclick the save in the inbox to launch without causing problems.... so no need for a "deadman" player one.

Comment

SMTP SSL isn't working yet, so saves still need to be attatched to emails unless you have an unprotected mailer...

Comment

maybe we just hold off playing any PBEMs until they get this all worked out.

Thanks for the info Rommel.

Comment

Working...
                X