No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Vovan and Grandpa Troll vs. The World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this here is a map of the old world, borders somewhat reestablished since the beginning of the 20th century.

Like I said before, Thermopylae bothers me... It's so close to Munich, I am not sure we can keep it if we got it... On the other hand, if we raze it, then Boston will be more likely to fall too... Meh, I suppose we shall see what happens when I take the city: if German borders envelop it, I will raze it, otherwise I will keep it. Or maybe I will keep it and try gifting it to the Egyptians for techs.

Also note that from Boston we have a clear shot for Berlin. Might come in handy some time.
    Attached Files
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

• Well

I would like to suggest we consider what about a war against Hatty and Freddy down the road?

In the meantime

Do you like Pepperoni with Sausage?

Please place your order free deliveries

This celebrates our newest chain opening in Rome
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Nice. Pisae is the only Roman city remaining.

And yes, like I said, of course we shall attack the other couple. Except we have to wait because they have machine guns, and those will just mow our infantry down. We gotta get some tanks rolling instead.

Also, I see Greeks did something stupid. They used up half the defenses of Thermopylae attacking my cannon's protection, and only took out one infantryman. Well, that just makes my job of taking the city easier I suppose.

Vovan
        Spore page

Comment

• indeed

in 2-3 turns i will have pisae

then prepare for armegedden

Comment

• Fascism discovered.

Force gather around Thermopylae.

Note that Cumae and Athens will come out of resistance in 3 turns. Our goal is to be done with this war by then. It shouldn't be too hard, since the Greeks keep on killing themeselves attacking our cannon protection. There are already fewer defenders in Thermopylae than I have attackers, and judging by Mr. Troll's stack of doom, Pisae's days are counted as well.
            Spore page

Comment

• indeed

Comment

• Thermopylae falls. I decide to take it because it is not actually engulfed in German borders.

Cumae and Athens come online, shaving an extra turn off the research time for Biology, which we want to get now.

I think I am about ready for peace, so as soon as you capture Pisae, I will see if I can extort the two techs from Greece for peace. If not, we shall burn their last city to the ground.

Incidentally, it appears Egypt and Germany are not that far ahead of us technologically any more. What have they been doing this whole war? Looks like just twiddling their thumbs? Any way, in addition to our superior numbers, we can probably get a military tech lead on them, too, since they aren't agressive and will probably concentrate on other techs. As soon as we get biology, which should allow us more growth, we should definitely go get us some tanks. Then we shall see if we can't get us a domination victory.

Vovan
                Spore page

Comment

• great plan

next turn I should take it out

Comment

• Great. Quite frankly, war weariness is starting to be annoying. (For instance, there is 16 unhappiness due to war weariness in Athens. And the population of the city is only 14! )

Incidentally, Alexander just contacted me, begging for peace in exchange for Liberalism. Oh yeah, it seems he still has the will to live, so we can get those techs out of him, probably.
                    Spore page

Comment

• Pisae Falls
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Roman Civ Falls

Sweet
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Great.

We made peace with the Greeks in exchange for liberalism. Now we can switch to fancy peace-time civics for a little bit, go hard for tanks, and then start carving up the German and Egyptian territory.

BTW, we can now build oil wells, so you might want to direct the workers in Pisae to do just that. So that by the time tanks roll around, we have plenty of fuel for them.
                          Spore page

Comment

• off we go

science back as focus with culture close behind

Comment

• Excellent. Boston comes back online, with other cities coming up soon, too.

Vovan
                              Spore page

Comment

• Originally posted by vovan

Like I said before, Thermopylae bothers me... It's so close to Munich, I am not sure we can keep it if we got it... On the other hand, if we raze it, then Boston will be more likely to fall too... Meh, I suppose we shall see what happens when I take the city: if German borders envelop it, I will raze it, otherwise I will keep it. Or maybe I will keep it and try gifting it to the Egyptians for techs.
                                I've heard that captured cities don't cultureflip (it's either in the manual or in the civilopedia, if I'm right).
                                If that applies only to the nation you captured it from, or to other nations too (i.e. germany), I don't know, though.

In any case, I really enjoyed reading this thread and following your progress. Nice work and thanks for keeping us informed with all those excellent pictures .

Comment

Working...
                                X