No announcement yet.

Game II - pitboss, entry open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can log as many times as you want & double-moves is not that big deal to respect

Comment

• Pitboss is definatelly faster than PBEM (I have played those)

Comment

• The whole issue with double moves started from Janis. Do we have a confirmation that he got those messages? And now I see he did played before you, St Jon. What is the turn order?
        http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• There is no turn order (I allow simultaneous turns). Please do not make two moves in a row. Janis has been informed.

Comment

• i can continue the game. i also try to obey the rules of DM, but i think i will not stand to login once a turn. i like to change my decisions, if it is possible. if my play is not acceptable, i will quit the game. i hope my past turns was fair in your opinions. several times i logged many times per turn.

Comment

• I can live with either way, just it is a matter of being informed that for example you there will be no turn order, or at least not strict.

In matter of a fact, (and I know this very, very well), double moves have significant role on the game as a whole only in say 5%. If someone relies on 1 turn to live or die, he is already a dead man

So for me, it is simple - if you are around, I will not count on double move rule to protect me, so for me is acceptable.

Comment

• I´m sorry for my earlier rage post.

But i got really frustrated when Evalds made the statment that i understood like, if he looses the game he wont be hosting it anymore.

But if that´s not what´s happening i would like to keep playing it.

Let´s do this well then.

Regards to all,
                Rak.

Comment

• For me is perfectly acceptable to log in as many times as you want, as long as you move your units in order not to take advantage of DMs.

PMB

Comment

• I accept this compromise as well but 1 condition.

If enemy plays turn and does nothing but hit 'End Turn' and then logs back in after I have moved to make their real move then that is the same as a DM. Log back in, I do not like but accept, but if used in that way is a deliberate abuse of PitBoss.

I see that another re-load has been done taking us back to 300BC, after the DM/DL, and an archer has appeared to reinforce the city. This may have been legit or result of DM/DL but is exactly the kind of problem that DM/DL's cause as I have no way of knowing if that unit would have got there as quickly or not due to the DM/DL. I accept it this time.

This is now a pretty quick game so DL problems should not occur but I hope all now agree that DM's should not happen during wartime.
                    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                    - Anon

Comment

• i have just made DM. i was waiting 18h for Evald's move. there is only 12 h to the end of the turn but i go to sleep now and in the morning i won't have time to play. sorry. this is example of unplayable rule of DM.

Comment

• There is a difference between having waited more than half the timer to make a unavoidable double move, and the case where someone wait specially to be the last in the turn and to move inevitable first in the next.

The double move rule is like all other rules - made from people for people. So sometimes it is necessary to break it, but most of the time you try to follow it.

Also, usually the host of a game sets the trend about rules and how strict they are executed.

Comment

• Could you please add me to the game register to enable me receive emails about new turn beginning? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
                            I can live with either way, just it is a matter of being informed that for example you there will be no turn order, or at least not strict.

In matter of a fact, (and I know this very, very well), double moves have significant role on the game as a whole only in say 5%. If someone relies on 1 turn to live or die, he is already a dead man

So for me, it is simple - if you are around, I will not count on double move rule to protect me, so for me is acceptable.
                            You are right that in most cases a single DM will not make a difference but there are exceptions.

A DM with a Modern Army/Navy is not something to save you! You can crack a defence like a twig if you hit the right spot and your enemy has not got a chance. That is not you only having 5% it is you having racked the odds hugely in your favour.

In earlier eras it makes a smaller difference but it still can mean the loss of a city. This can mean a lot more than 5% to the loser and is a good reason why I rarely play online as I am just not quick enough!
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan76PL View Post
                              Could you please add me to the game register to enable me receive emails about new turn beginning? Thanks
                              I also would like to be automatically informed about new turns. Could you help me?

Comment

• I also would like to be automatically informed about new turns. Could you help me?
                                Well, there are 2 ways this to happen.

One is you to register at www.civstats.com and claim your leader at http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1934

There you can track who is played and who not and when the turn is switched or is going to switch.

The other way ( Dan76PL said he have difficulties in claiming his leader in civstats) is to hit Alt+D ingame (or it was CTRL+D) there are your DETAILS. You can fill your e-mail address and the pitboss server will send you an e-mail when the turn rolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X