No announcement yet.

Game I [Evalds Urtans]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for watching - if he will not respond & skip next turn, I will temporary replace him with AI

Comment

I could have sworn I seen something about him being gone for 2 weeks I just dont remember which one it was.

Comment

He has moved now, so this discussion is irrelevant at this time

Comment

Hercules logged in & finished his turns

Comment

Are we playing that tech trading is not allowed? I thought we were, but I was just offered a tech trading deal.

Comment

How can u get a tech trade this early?

Comment

I was under the impression that techtrading was to be disabled.

Comment

Yes I did set tech trading off - you can see it also in civstats detector http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1347

Who did offer you a tech? How did you do it?

Comment

I wasn't offered a trade, I was offered a trading deal - i.e., coordination.

Comment

Who by?
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                      - Anon

Comment

I presume that coordination of research is intended to try and avoid competing for same religions or wonders, not against the rules of the game, against spirit of game, not sure. Cetainly no big advantage can be gained this way, but certainly small advantage can if the chosen research paths gain the player a religion or a wonder. Acept his deal maybe and use knowledge of it to backstab him.

Comment

I assumed it was to increase our combined tech advancement by trading techs and not researching the same ones.

I'm not here to dob anyone in... I think the player in question either forgot or wasn't aware of the the game rule. I really just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page here, or some players will have an unfair advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by trev View Post
                            I presume that coordination of research is intended to try and avoid competing for same religions or wonders, not against the rules of the game, against spirit of game, not sure. Cetainly no big advantage can be gained this way, but certainly small advantage can if the chosen research paths gain the player a religion or a wonder. Acept his deal maybe and use knowledge of it to backstab him.

That's a good deal but with only limited effect. One person not competing with you for Pyramids doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't going for them.
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

OK, got an in-game response from the tech deal offerrer - he'd forgotten that we'd all agreed on no tech trading. Honest mistake.

Comment

Whether we agreed on no tech trading or not is irrelevant, the game will not let us trade techs anyway, because that was the option ticked when the game was set up.

There are several players who are consistently last to move, it would be nice if they tried to access the game at least once a day rather than about every 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X