No announcement yet.

Flamefest II - Attack of the Clowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be on holiday for the next 3 weeks, Tony will be replacing me for this time.

Comment

• My beloved computer of 9 years finally died. I suspect hard disk failure or some other catistrophic occurance as my usual fixes do nothing.

Good news: I now have an excuse to get get a new comp.
      Bad news: It will not ship until the 28th which means I may be missing turns here and there. Please do not set me to AI. I will make my best attempts to play my turns when I can.

Comment

• Noted
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• OK, what happened to Gramps? CivStats shows him kicked to AI, but the game seems to have removed his civ from the roster entirely....

Comment

• Gramps is away on a trip. He asked me to AI him for the duration. Not sure why he doesn't show up in the game, maybe a glitch of some kind. he shows up in FFIII...

Comment

• If you haven't met him yet, as an AI, he'll drop off your list of 'known civs'.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Thanks Snoopy

Comment

• Hi guys, I've been on holiday since Friday last week. I have my laptop but the internet rarely seems to work at my hotel.

Anyway, I was attacked a few turns ago and haven't been able to log on every turn to defend myself properly.

Is there anything we can do?

Comment

• Not really, but we can urge your attacker to hold off for the duration of your holiday. It's unfair to attack someone who can't defend themselves IMO. Hope you have a nice holiday

Comment

• Andy, a simple email or in-game message would have done the trick.

For the record, nothing unfair has taken place so far. On the one turn Andy missed, I relinquished being first in the turn order so that he could react to my previous moves. And for the past two turns I have waited well beyond the 12-hour mark, giving him every chance to log on and play.

I will now pause the game so that Andy (and Zoid!) can play. I would appreciate it if you both could re-pause the game after you play so that I don't miss my turn.

Comment

• Is there anyway you can hold off with your attacks until Andydog comes back? That way we don't need to pause the game...

OTOH, the timer is there for a reason. Likewise with the ½ the turn timer rule, but I don't want to create another ugly situation like we had in the Flamefest III game...

Comment

• Ok, Andy is seriously holding up the game. I'll AI him util he gets back...

Comment

• Hi all, so sorry about my absence. We are staying in Thailand in a hotel by an amazing beach, which was selected partly because of its internet access. I was very much enjoying this game and wanted to keep on top of it during our holiday. Unfortunately, like many things in Thailand it seems, the hotel's internet rarely worked properly and eventually gave up the ghost for good. There was no internet alternative in the village.

I haven't had a chance to log into the game since my last post (at the airport at the moment), so I don't yet know the extent of the damage that has been done to the Persians, however I can assure you all that despite what Donovan says, I consider it highly unfair (to all) that the war was allowed to progress in my absence. This is because a number of build queues became empty (that could have been producing troops) and existing troops were not able to be moved to defend adequately.

Not sure how to proceed from here. To me, the fairest thing is to go back a few turns to the start of Donovan's attack, however I can see that this will be unacceptable to many. If this is the case, then I will regretfully step out of this game and you guys can let Donovan go on helping himself to my cities.

I'll be home in approx 14 hours so will check this thread and the game then.

Apologies again and thanks.

Comment

• First Gramps and now you... This game is doomed...

Comment

• I'm out! The whole Pitboss experience has gone sour IMO...

Comment

Working...
                                X