No announcement yet.

Back and looking for a PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am easy with any settings the majority thinks best.

Comment

[SIZE=1]

How about a regular or large size stringy pangaea type of map?

Or - along the same lines, we pick civs for each other. The old "Misfits" theme, where you assign your randomly picked opponent with what you think is a weak civ.
      Interesting.

I am easy with whatever.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

As I was last on the list I will drop out. Seven players are too many for a pbem, especially if it is Skyriders first pbem game. Best to have a faster flowing game so he gets maximum enjoyment out of it........

Cheers though, I'm always interested in pbems, just slow on the uptake......
        Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
            I am easy with any settings the majority thinks best.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
              Ok - so that would be:

Geo
              Hercules
              Wittlich
              Skyrider68
              Beta
              Nugog
              Rob

Which is probably too many for a pbem game? Is everyone still interested?
              Hi, Beta. Yes, I am still interested, and I would be available for a long-term game, provided the committment wouldn't be more than a turn or two per day on days where I am busy.

My only question is what version are you all playing? I'm running vanilla 1.74, but I can upgrade if need be.

As for the type of game, I will go with the majority, as this will be my first multiplayer experience. I like random settings, including map type and leaders, but it's not a huge issue with me.

I'll be watching the posts to see if/when people are ready to go. Is this going to be PBEM or pitboss?

-Sky

Comment

I can play any version (C4, Warlords, BtS) so long as it is the latest patch.

If I am to play it will need to be PBEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                  I can play any version (C4, Warlords, BtS) so long as it is the latest patch.
                  So can I.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Skyrider68

Hi, Beta. Yes, I am still interested, and I would be available for a long-term game, provided the committment wouldn't be more than a turn or two per day on days where I am busy.
                    With a 6 player pbem, you will be lucky if it is a turn per week.

And if you are busy - no problem, you just wait a bit to play your turn and send it.

My only question is what version are you all playing? I'm running vanilla 1.74, but I can upgrade if need be.
                    Warlords possible?

As for the type of game, I will go with the majority, as this will be my first multiplayer experience. I like random settings, including map type and leaders, but it's not a huge issue with me.
                    Random would be good for a change.

I'll be watching the posts to see if/when people are ready to go. Is this going to be PBEM or pitboss?
                    I was assuming pbem as Nugog does not have the connection for pitboss because he goes and works in weird places.

So lets get this pbem up and running and then we can think about pitboss.

btw - EPW is looking to set up a 'city states' game. Check the thread in this forum.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                      I was assuming pbem as Nugog does not have the connection for pitboss because he goes and works in weird places.
                      Hey - just because I move to a third world country, where it is highly suspected they still eat people - no reason to call it wierd!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyrider68

So - what will it be Sky? Do you want to stick with vanilla civ, or do you want to play warlords?

Waiting on you for an answer and then we will proceed.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog

Hey - just because I move to a third world country, where it is highly suspected they still eat people - no reason to call it wierd!

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Are we going to get this game going or not?

Comment

Will do tomorrow.

We should decide on the most efficient play order - again going east to west.

Comment

How about:

Beta
                                Hercules
                                Witt
                                Skyrider
                                Nugog
                                Geo

Herc - I am not sure of your location or your best on-line times. We may need to switch places.

Comment

Working...
                                X