Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nugog
    replied
    I can play any version (C4, Warlords, BtS) so long as it is the latest patch.

If I am to play it will need to be PBEM.

Leave a comment:

• Skyrider68
    replied
    Originally posted by Beta
    Ok - so that would be:

Geo
    Hercules
    Wittlich
    Skyrider68
    Beta
    Nugog
    Rob

Which is probably too many for a pbem game? Is everyone still interested?
    Hi, Beta. Yes, I am still interested, and I would be available for a long-term game, provided the committment wouldn't be more than a turn or two per day on days where I am busy.

My only question is what version are you all playing? I'm running vanilla 1.74, but I can upgrade if need be.

As for the type of game, I will go with the majority, as this will be my first multiplayer experience. I like random settings, including map type and leaders, but it's not a huge issue with me.

I'll be watching the posts to see if/when people are ready to go. Is this going to be PBEM or pitboss?

-Sky

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Originally posted by Wittlich
    I am easy with any settings the majority thinks best.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied
    As I was last on the list I will drop out. Seven players are too many for a pbem, especially if it is Skyriders first pbem game. Best to have a faster flowing game so he gets maximum enjoyment out of it........

Cheers though, I'm always interested in pbems, just slow on the uptake......

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    [SIZE=1]

How about a regular or large size stringy pangaea type of map?

Or - along the same lines, we pick civs for each other. The old "Misfits" theme, where you assign your randomly picked opponent with what you think is a weak civ.
    Interesting.

I am easy with whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    I am easy with any settings the majority thinks best.

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Ok - so that would be:

Geo
    Hercules
    Wittlich
    Skyrider68
    Beta
    Nugog
    Rob

Which is probably too many for a pbem game? Is everyone still interested?

How about a regular or large size stringy pangaea type of map?

And how about - for a twist - we cannot choose civs that have either financial or industrious as a trait - those being recognized in some circles as the two strongest traits.

Or - along the same lines, we pick civs for each other. The old "Misfits" theme, where you assign your randomly picked opponent with what you think is a weak civ.

Leave a comment:

• RobWorham
    replied

I echo Nugog's sentiments about another PBEM........

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    But..................... I could be interested - depending on settings.

Leave a comment:

• Nugog
    replied
    Originally posted by Beta
    And last question. Wanna be a Templar, and kill rabbits?? (hint hint - the answer is yes.)

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Hi Skyrider. If Shogun doesn't show up soon, we may start the game without him.

And most are playing BTS now, but I am easy and can play any version folks want.

Leave a comment:

• Skyrider68
    replied
    Shogun,
    Saw your post; I have been away from gaming for a number of years myself, and I too am trying to get back into Civ4. I've never played it multiplayer, but I would like to try, be it PBEM, Pitboss, or whatever variety is in favor these days. I'd have to rank myself as a novice again, given the time that has passed.

I could commit to something that involved one or two turns a day. If you can find a few people who are in a similar boat, maybe we can get a game started?

Please post or private message me if you know of any games starting up that fit the bill.

I'm playing (vanilla) Civ 4 with the 1.74 patch. May be willing to upgrade to BtS if enough people want to get a game going.

--Skyrider

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by Shogun Gunner

Its a bit disappointing to see Poly fade away...
    The only one fading here is you, Shogun.

Do you want to start a new pbem game? Say 4 players. 5 max.

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    Welcome back into the fold Shogun!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X