Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To you, everyone will appear with "MOD" except other STEAM players. To them, you (and only you/other steam players) will appear with it.

It means that some game files are not identical. Hopefully it is only the Steam exe itself - and not something more serious in the Steam distribution.

It (could) also indicate that someone has different XML files or somesuch - either cheating or messed up their installation (I have that problem with warlords, need to eventually reinstall that).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Cool. I'd wager there is even a different exe given that I don't have to have a disk... just a live Internet connection at the time of launch.

Relief though, glad to know I got my rear-end kicked because I'm a Civ4 newbie...
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

The best way to get butt kicked
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Did you test joining as a civ? I don't see any note of Nugog joining the game, and Pacal is still unclaimed... please do that if you haven't already, just to make sure it downloads correctly. Don't want any bugs
          Ok - will do later tonight - do I need a password for Pacal?????

Or do I put my own in.......
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Pacal is still unclaimed...
            Were the civs chosen THE chosen civ for the real game?? I picked any old one only to see if I could join ......

If so, who did I pick???
            Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
            The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
            Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
            Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by RobWorham
              If so, who did I pick???
              Ottamans.

I thought this was just a test setup?

Anyhow, I have jined the game as Pascal and played the turn.

Only one left to play.........

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Were the civs chosen THE chosen civ for the real game?? I picked any old one only to see if I could join ......
                No

If so, who did I pick???
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Snoopy, Does the "test" game have the same number of civs as players?
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It did, until Hercules joined us.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well that would explain it then.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Indeed

FF, there is a different EXE. However, Direct2Drive also has a different EXE. I don't think the EXE itself is checked by the mod check. Something else is up with the Steam install; hopefully it's something benign, and not an incorrect version file or something.

Once everyone's connected i'll get Ms Snoopy to draw some names out of hats, out of the full BtS leaderset.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I am still here btw.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Oh And I can access the Snoopy369.dyndns.org: 2060 test.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I leave in about 24hrs - will we be go with this by then?

If not - it is fine - start the game - I will send the person who is helping me out my desired password etc - and they can play while I am away.

Please do not hold the game up on my account.....

Comment

So, when do we start?
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X