This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we lose the balanced setting??

Life (and Civ) is about making the best out of the hand you're dealt, not being dealt an even hand......

Personally I have no gripe if Player X is in a slightly better position then Player Y.

Provided I am Player X of course!!!
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I'm fine with that, especially since there's that whole Vassalage thing now for those poor player Ys that end up in that bad spot.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RobWorham
          Provided I am Player Y of course!!!
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash Free choice of religions... so Christianity could kick in where Hinduism normally would?
            Indeede. Makes things a bit less predictable as you don't know if for instance Meditation, Polytheism or even Monotheism is reasearched if a "X religion is founded" message scrolls over your screen.

Originally posted by snoopy369
            We could also do a custom random option, ie "only BtS civs" if you wanted to do something amusing like that.
            AFAIK that's not one of the options that ship ingame or did I miss something in the setup screen? Either way, I'm all for a BtS-civ Pitboss game, and can only pray one of the 3 "unbalanced" ones goes my way.

Originally posted by RobWorham
            If I'm not too late!!

Talking about the devil's tail...

Okay, seems like the most important options have been decided upon.

Perm Alliances? Raging Barbs, Cultural Flip? Other options? How about those?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Normal Barbs please.
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Talking about the devil's tail...
                Thought you could sneak past my sentinels that easily eh!!!!!
                Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Is one game of vengeance not sufficient for you?
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Comment

Random Events on?

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                        Random Events on?

-- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Comment

Random BtS civs would be a ms.snoopy provided option (She'd pick names out of a hat or somesuch.)

How about Big and Small as the map type? It is a nice largeish map that provides an interesting balance between continents and pangaea ... we played it last night and it was pretty fun.

Do I have the current roster correct at:

snoopy369
                            Wittlich
                            Nugog
                            FlameFlash
                            Geomodder
                            RobWorham

?
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Okay, i've set up a "test" game. It is with all of the agreed on settings (and big+small so you can see the map), but random civs. Please attempt to connect to this game so we can see how well it works...

Connect to snoopy369.dyndns.org:2060, password 'flamer' without the quotes.

If this works i'll start the game early next week once we've agreed on settings
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

snoopy369.dyndns.org:2060
                                Worked without a hitch Snoopy.
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X