X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New team game

Hello Civ4 friends!

I would like to play civ4, do you?

I never tried to play with teams (fixed alliances), and I would like to give it a try. Something like 3 or 4 teams of two players plus 2 AI (or 2 of 3?). It could be interesting to put very different civs together.

No mod, no scenario. Warlord. I don't have preferences about size of world, climate...

And it should be a pitboss game (but I can't host) with at least one turn per day.

So, anybody interested?

Thanks for your hint, Beta!

So, we are two, now. How wants to join?

Comment

Beta is in.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'm game.... but the challenge is going to be finding a host.

Comment

Yep... I would like to do it, but I need to restart my computer regularly, so it's not possible

Comment

Restarting your computer regularly is not a problem, as long as you don't mind restarting the game. It can be saved and effectively paused at any time.

Pinchak/etc., I will be releasing a second FAQ type document, on how to host multiple PTBS games from a single computer. It is simple and does not require a second installation of the game or anything like that.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh, and I'd happily join such a team game. I prefer no AI if I can convince you that AI are a bad idea

In team games, particularly one with say 4 teams of 2 humans and a team or two of AI, the AI tend to be highly unbalancing to whomever they start next to. Low level AI are a problem because they're easy to farm for experience and/or techs (if you play with AI, definitely turn off tech trading), and higher level AIs force players to play more militarist than they might otherwise ... It's not as bad now with the beginnings of BetterAI in the game, but it's by no means perfect.

Comment

to what snoopy has said.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

You guys have far more experience than I do

If you say it, I trus it (in such a case at least )

So: No AI team in this game...

About rebooting the computer: In fact I use more Linux than Windows, that means that the game would be down for long periods each time I use it... There's no Linux version of Civ... :'(

Comment

I would love to join and if someone can tell me how to host I can do it. Never hosted before though.
                    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Again, welcome in the game, Dacole!

I think it should not be a big deal for the hosting. You have here a bunch of experimented people certainly willing to kindly guide you through the whole process...

Comment

heh ok I can host then if someone can send me a good guide. So how shall we divide our teams up then?
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

We are 5 at the moment, perhaps we can wait a few days to see if we could be at least 6.For the human teams, I don't mind. If you have any preference...

For the civ we should choose, I propose following pairs:
                          Elizabeth (England) / Moctezuma II (Aztecs)

Frederic II (Germany) / Saladin (Arabs)

Peter the Great (Russia) / Tokugawa (Japan)

Louis XIV (France) / Gengis Khan (Mongolia)

What do you think of that?

Comment

How about just free choice of civs? Or did you have those in mind for a reason?

Comment

I tried to put together an aggressiv civ and a more peaceful civ, ie with bonuses on economy or culture.

Did you already notice that very few european civs are militaristic?

Comment

Working...
                              X