No announcement yet.

New team game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - for islands and 8 players, I think standard would be a good size.

To we want a world wrap - or a flat map?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

is it too late to join? If not, I'd like to join. I have never play civ muiltplayer of any kind, but would like to try it. Is this for Warlords or just normal cIV?
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

hmm we have eight already and we were going to do four teams of 2 so it may be to late sorry. I'm ok with one team of three (though we would need to find some way to weaken them not sure how that can be done) or we just don't do teams at all (though that would go against the original idea for the game. My preference on map is an island start, standard, and round world map (not flat). Might be interesting if we all choose greece as that would make things equal. As well there is somewhat of an agean begining set up isn't there?

I assume the game is warlords as well. Reading up on how to host. (not sure if I have a dynamic IP or not....cable so what is that usually)
        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Hum... Sorry guys, the end of my last message was not intended to be posted here

mrboo123, the game is full now, sorry. Or perhaps if you have a companion we could add a 5th team...

Let's go for island map, then. And world wrap please. I really don't like flat worlds.

And for the civs to choose... Why not making 4 teams of "super civs"? One roman team, one cartagenian, one egyptian and one greek. Could be cool, too.
          Arrrrgghh! There are too much possibilities, and they all look good!

But perhaps to stick to the idea of "ageans wars", it would be better to give Greece to everybody. And I like the fact that we all beginn with the same bonuses.

The game is warlord with last patch.

Comment

mrboo123 - I agree with Ephack. If you can find a tenth player we go with 5 teams of two. dacole is going to be running this game as pitboss, so 2 more won't make that much of a difference. Maybe add the Persians to the mix already suggested. Or again - all Greeks. TOO MANY CHOICES AND GOOD IDEAS!
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I will be mrboo123's partner.

Comment

Wow, so now we are 10 players... Quite a big game... Welcome BigFree and mrboo123

I think we should begin as soon as possible:
                Beta, is your dog ready for the big show?
                Dacole, are you ready to host the game? Do you need testing? Help? More information?
                All the others: Could everybody choose a greek name for its civilization? And please give your opinion on whether we should all take Greece or make "civ teams" with 5 mediterranean civilizations...

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                  That has not yet been decided. The partnerships that is.

And welcome to the game BF!

We either:

1. Pick partners, or

2. Randomly assign partners. Wyatt the Wonder Dog stands ready and willing.

And I'm easy on all Greek or the five Mediterranean civs previously identified. If we do pick those five, the teams with Eqypt and Rome should pick the same leader - so as not to give themselves a natural advantage from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

If we do pick those five, the teams with Eqypt and Rome should pick the same leader - so as not to give themselves a natural advantage from the start.
                    Yop! That's perfectly true!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                      Hey thanks!

As for map settings, island map or big lake.

I'd rather have all Mediterranean civs than just Greeks.

(That would be Spain, Carthage, Rome, Greece, Egypt, right?)
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Well, that's right that Spain is a mediterranean civ, but I like the proposal of Beta to include Persia:
                        Carthage, Rome, Greece, Egypt and Persia are all civs from the antiquity.

Comment

Well, that works too. Even thought really, Spain is more of mediterranean civ than Persia (but I like Persia better though)

Comment

Originally posted by mrboo123
                            Well, that works too. Even thought really, Spain is more of mediterranean civ than Persia (but I like Persia better though)
                            Very true. Guess I was just grabbing at civs sort of from the same era, and Persia at one time did control most of the eastern Med.

Comment

In this case, do not forget the Ottomans. Those are verily mediterranean based. And the Celts settled as south as Iberia (Spain) too...

10 players? Please don't play on a bigger map then Standard size. If you're concerned there won't be enough land, simply select the low sealevel. My comp won't be able to handle bigger maps then this.

And with 10 players, all of use could take a single civ which was once more or less mediterranean-based: Spain, Celts, France, Rome, Greece, Ottomans, Persia, Egypt, Carthage and Mali.
                              (just to add more confusion to the setup )
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

OK - we have to get this going!

dacole - are you ready?

I am just fine with the civilizations suggested by GeoModder.

We have agreed on an islands map, with a standard size map.

So, shall we:

1. Assign those civs randomly, and assign teams randomly as well.

or

2. Assign those civs randomly, and let folks pick their playing partners.

24 hours to vote. Go!

Comment

Working...
                                X