No announcement yet.

[PBEM]Civ4 Succession Game #2: India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might have a problem now. I've got the game and having a blast of course, but it seems my PM 1.7 GHz, 512 MB machine can't load maps in the size Standard and up. If I load up a Small map size(that's the one below Standard, right?), there's no problem, but if I load a Standard game, it freezes in the intro, saying "Done", but no button shows up, and after a while it CTD's or restarts the whole computer... Any ideas? I'd love to play this succession game, but right now my chances look grim.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• As far as memory goes I have the same as you, 512Meg and I have not had this kind of problem. Just as a guess, is your swap file large enough? I think for 512 memory the swap file is suggested to be 750-1000 Meg.

I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't be able to load larger maps other than something memory related.

Hope this helps! And glad you are enjoying the game already!

Comment

• Dunno, where do I find that?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• I found it I think. It's 768 MB big, I'll try to make it 1000 and see what happens.

Comment

• make it 2.5x memory, I think i'm running 1950 vertual and make sure the min and max are the same size and then check what you have for a vidio card as ati cards have issues requiring special patch.

check the help forum for more info.

Comment

• ok

whos up?
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I preobably can't do it today, we have this event going on at the school today, where us boys shall make a cowboy night for the girls. Crazy teachers and their ideas.

Comment

• Oops, I was about to say that I guessed I would take a turn, but since I was the last to take one, I guess I really should wait.

Comment

• I'll see if my computer manages to load the save. 10 turns right?

Comment

• Yes, 10 turns. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, good luck!

Comment

• You have to keep those fingers crossed until later tonight it seems. I loaded up the game with no problems, but in the middle of the second turn something weird happened. The screen suddenly became just lots of color strips, made up by the things in the game. The only way to get out of it was to force reboot the whole computer. This is the first time I've loaded up a save, I hope it's not a permanent thing... Anyway, a friend of mine here on the school has said I can borrow his computer later tonight. Let's see if it works better there!

Comment

• 625: Nothing to do, turn already done.
                          600: Settler finished in Bombay, building archer. Land not available in the south, sends the settler and an archer to the north to fin a suitable spot to settle on. Builds a road to connect Bombay to the rest of the empire.
                          575: Starts building a cottage near Delhi. Begin cleaning up the barbarian manace. Continues improving Bombay's sorroundings.
                          550: Gets Moses! Builds the temple of Solomon for a nice +2 gold!
                          475: Notices that we have two cities with Judaism and one with Hinduism, and we have organized religion. I see it as wise to change our state religion to Judaism for better bonus effects. Starts chopping down one of the forrest plots for some nice hammer bonus.
                          450: The computer reccommends a place to build a new city, I follow it. Hope it knows what it does, but mostly it does in my experience. Builds Bangalore and initiate the building of another worker.

425: Nothing happens.
                          400: We build the Parthenon! Initiate the building of a Jewish missionary in our glorious capital. Bombay has built an archer. Begins building a barracs. Begin s building a farm near Delhi.
                          375: Continue building missionaries in our capital. Sending a missionary towards Bangalore.
                          350: Toynbee has completed his greatest work, The most Cultured Civilizations of the world, and we're number one! Sends a missionary towards Bombay.

Comment

• Save ready for the next one in line.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nikolai!!!

Glad to see you can join us finally, even if on a friend's pc.

Good reign, by the way!

Comment

• Thanks. Yeah, there have been some difficulities, can't understand why I got that problem. But my friend is nice, he said I could borrow his machine again if needed. For once his tendency to go to bed way to early has paid off...

Comment

Working...
                                X