No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you think a good time is to make the turn spilt 'poly+CFC vs Maya+Aztec?

It might be a good idea to share screen shots every turn with CFC.

If my big post was too much points #6&8 are the only future-looking ones. #6 technically looks at the past but it's very important in framing this conflict.
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• I don't think we could ever change the turn order.. this islikechess, every move is important.

an important thing:

I won't be able to play the turns from next tuesday for a week. I will try to arrange that it should be 1-2 turns tops. Can you take it over for that time , Ozzy?

Comment

• mz should leave some notes for the turn-player to follow so the plan stays the same. It's really bad to change plans back and forth because that wastes time.

We are not on "probation" so we can take as much time as we want. We would always get a warning because of that. It would not give an unfair advantage. Remember that CivPlayers took three-days and took two hours per day. Sandbagging the turn outright you guys would not find acceptable so I won't talk about it.

Edit: And it's not really acceptable here. But CivPlayers already did it so it's an option.
        Last edited by MJW; October 28, 2014, 13:49.
        “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• I agree about leaving notes and with some screenshots like above.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• sure i'll give detailed plans and briefings

Comment

• Well if you look at CivStats Civplayers didn't move at all on the 28th. It's pointless to try to make the turn finish on Monday or as late as possible because there's no way to know what Maya would do. So we should just act as if mz was not leaving.

They have a good excuse if CFC launched an attack that they cannot defend against. It's very hard to play out a losing position. I suspect that may have happened because we our taking up 160 units and there was a lot of action on the CFC front. If that's what happened we can agreed to get "semi-doubled-moved" to speed up the game. If they are just late it's only a matter of time before their civ gets hijacked by someone from RB or they miss a turn at this point. I would suggest pushing the mod to punish CivPlayers as much as possible to get it over with if that's what happened to get it over with. But first we have to ask CivPlayers why they are late. We can wait one more day if it seems alarmist to ask right now.

Comment

• Yea, I can handle the turns. But yes, detailed instructions would very much be appreciated. So much is riding on these turns right now I'd hate to screw it up!
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think that not only did civplayers not move on the 28th, I think they have paused the game again.

Let's wait awhile longer before we call on Caledorn.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• There was a big fight in civ. apparently we have lost 77 units while killing only 30. (the turn is not over yet). I guess it's very bad luck, but the outcome depends on our chance to strike back. While I hope we will have the opportunity, right now I can't be sure as Aztec's turnplayers are very good and tricky, they might had found a way to protect themselves from counter attack. If they haven't then I still must have about 100 units left to get revenge.. time will tell... though I expected that aztec will not attack.. anyway.. let's see how it goes.

Comment

• CivPlayers has finished. However, they did let it the by letting the turn roll. I have no idea what this means. But they haven't requested a reload after a reasonable amount of time so CFC has the choice of playing the turn or asking CivPlayers what they were doing. I think the ball's in CFC's court and if we do anything we risk annoying them.

Comment

• Thinking about it, since theyonly attacked with tanks they might had the chance to retreat after the kills.. I shall see...But even if it's a big loss for us, it should give cfc the opportunity to push forward.
                        Btw I really don't like this part of civ4 game mechanics. Too big advantage to the defenders, which could lead to very long stale mates.

Comment

• I think it's best if I just keep playing the turns, asking for a pause if and when it necessary. wouldn't be agood idea to let omeone else play just one turn.

Comment

• There will be fallout from pausing but it won't matter because of the diplomatic situation. It's BS to nmr us after what the other teams done to us.

Also, are you talking to CFC every turn?

Comment

• If that's the plan then you should let them know now. So there aren't any surprises or uncertainties.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I wrote amessage atcfc. I mightbe able to play my turn afterall, but not sure.

About the game: our losses are quite bad,it's too difficult to make an invasion when the defender has huge advantagewith railroads and we have some weak spots which need to be defended. The invasion was not a total failure, we destroyed 3 cities on the coast,securing the inner sea.
                                I've managed to locate an aztec tranport and destroyed it,apparently it was fully loaded with tanks .
                                I hope cfc will be able to use this time while many aztectroops are damaged to push forward,for now I focus on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X