Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is at negative fun.

The two weaker teams would resign within five turns, which would prove that we are serious, rather than playing a lost cause. Five turns is chuck-change so this would be almost the same as agreeing to a three-way draw at once; which is what you wanted.
    Last edited by MJW; September 23, 2014, 16:25. Reason: Added thoughts
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• Just a thought.

Is there any merit in proposing total cessation of war and all 5 civs going for Space victory?

Would that take too long, even in a no war situation, and would we have a good chance of winning.

Or alternatively going for a diplomatic victory via UN.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• it would still take long, though much shorter since we could set the timer to 48h max and wouldn't be a problem if someone misses. I wouldn't like it though..our economy is hurt by losing our cap and because of lots of drafts/whips. We have the biggest army, biggest maintenance.. wouldn't be fair if we just had to disband those soldiers.

Comment

• It's theoretically possible to ask for GPT to make it "fair" but there is no way that would happen...
          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• I postponed the invasion by one turn to get a better position and even more units ready. Soon aztec cities will burn.. We have the most modern and biggest army.. our 20+bombers are in position while they have no real air defense yet. Soon 200+ of our units will attack them from different directions.. and there is cfc too.
            However I want to slow down with military unit production and let our cities regrow. We will finish the rock&roll wonder next turn, the Eiffel tower wil lfollow in 6 turns. That will help us with culture and happyness.

Comment

• That's more like it.

Comment

• This might sound obvious but you should work with CFC to attack on the same time.

Comment

• I have good communication with cfc's representative.

Comment

• If CivPlayers just rage-quit this game is a farce and we should end it. I don't think my three-way draw idea (kill off Maya and HRE and then agree to a draw) would fly so we would have to go with five-way draw//no contest. 2/5 vote is more than enough to stop the admin from ruling in our favor.

Edit: It doesn't make sense to forfeit Aztecs (if this game ends) as the Maya situation was far worse.

Edit2: Nevermind, a CivPlayers member posted. So only it's only their turn-player. Their new turn player would probably be weaker which is good for us.

Comment

• It's not just aztec, but uciv also hadn't logged in in the last 2-3 weeks..we should had just ended the game with having run it for 8-10 turns w/o pauses just for fun

Comment

• That was not an option. Aztec and CFC refused to accept 5-way draw while Maya and HRE refuse to accept three-way draw. So ether way we don't have 2/5 or 40% of the vote which is not acceptable as it was decided before the start of the game that it took a unanimous decision from the civs to change the rules in the middle of the game. Agreement was not possible. So one would have to actually play it out (25 turns?), use my trick or let the game die. We "chose" option 3.

Uciv may have not logged-in in response to Aztec's not logging in.

Comment

• I think we should ask for the game to be unpaused, if no progress, within 24/36 hours. And we should alert Uciv to this step.

Further that the turn time limits be adhered to from now on unless a formal request is made and a good reason given. Any such request will, as before, be generally agreed, again with time limits set.

Comment

• So when can we call this game dead? I would suggest a 5-way draw because it needs to be unanimous and there's no way Maya and HRE would suicide. It doesn't make sense to make civplayers lose when the Maya situation was worse. A real game would have been called when Maya had to bring in a turnplayer from RB or it would continue with Maya not moving at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJW View Post
                              So when can we call this game dead? I would suggest a 5-way draw because it needs to be unanimous and there's no way Maya and HRE would suicide. It doesn't make sense to make civplayers lose when the Maya situation was worse. A real game would have been called when Maya had to bring in a turnplayer from RB or it would continue with Maya not moving at all.
                              With all due respect MJW, since you have arrived you have advocated a draw, and stridently,from the start.

I am beginning to suspect that has been your only purpose. So tell me I am wrong.

Comment

• I have a lineage here if you worried I'm a double-login if that's what you are implying. I've been pushing for "25 turns" because that would favor us--even telling MZ to go lock it down in the CFC thread. However, MZ said that he wanted a three-way draw and I suggested my trick of openly killing maya and HRE, so they cannot vote anymore, and then agree to a draw so MZ could get what he wanted.

I think it is more accurate to say that I'm against trying to make this game end by normal means (in-game victory) because there is no way that could happen. So it's just a waste of time. CivPlayers going NMR backs me up. Two weeks per turn alone =

Comment

Working...
                                X