Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no... That's terrible...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If Herc is unable to do it, I can take over the turn playing.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think you are more capable than me. I will look in when I am allowed, to see the situation.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• To ensure that aztec downfall I will continue on for now. We probably cant win the game, especially if after this war we face cfc+uciv, but aztec will not win for sure.

Comment

• Good. You are the best we've got.

But yea, I can imagine how horribly demoralizing this must be, for you especially. That city was hugely important and they destroyed it with a cheap trick...

Comment

• Can I just say, I 've tried to log in to the game and/ or looked for an opportunity to do so over the past 10 days.

What with thunderstorms over Norway (Caledorn host base) leading to interruptions and then World mod kick in and then slow play (so it would seem) by some Civs, there has not been much reported progress.

What I am saying is this: This game will die very soon unless there is the will to play quicker, more than 1 turn every 15+ days.

And if there are no objections I will post this sentiment in the CFC Demo forum.

Comment

• I think there is no point, I've asked them many times to make the game quicker. Uciv and civfr make their turns quick, but the other 3 teams (including me) spends 4+hours in game just to finish one turn. I try to do it as soon as possible, but cp and cfc can't, they always pause the game.
                Btw I was on holyday, there was one turn since our capital's been destroyed, the situation is very bad.. we lost too much.. now I work on destroying the aztec. There are plans to find weak spots on their defense: to cut roads with spies under their stack, to get the upper hand in the inner sea and eventually raze their coastal cities etc.
                As you know we pushed against maya last turn, they retreated. After some debate we (with cfc) concluded that there is no point continuing the attack, it would be too costly and risky, especially since aztec has many tanks in the area. So instead I just razed the mayan border city reducing the border tension and then sending most of our mayan contingent to the aztec front. It takes 4 turns to get there. I think about that time we should be ready for a direct assault of aztec land. I will try to keep up poduction till then.
                Next turn we will get flight, a new era will start, race for ruling the skies..
                Last edited by mzprox; August 16, 2014, 01:47.

Comment

• I got this PM:
                  Originally posted by MJW
                  Your the only one who can let me in as Robert is has been AWOL for a long time.

I don't know if you know me at all so I'll just go over why I'm applying now.

I didn't know about this game until this thread: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...id=6872&page=2

It's kind of pointless to join a dead team and Apolyton is the only other site I have had a connection with (although I'm inactive I have 900+ posts). So I applied-- the fact that this will probably be the last (not just Civ4) ISDG ever is interest enough.

Feel free to accept or reject me. I would be okay if I'm rejected especially if the team is dead as you would be basically releasing an achieve without permission. If that happens I'll just wait until the game ends and CFC releases their forums.
                  Any objection to letting him in?

(speak frankly, I can delete these posts if he joins)

Comment

• I think there is no point joining to this game at this time, but i have no objection either.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                      I think there is no point joining to this game at this time, but i have no objection either.
                      I almost agree with this sentiment, except that with mzprox's skill there still is a lot of gameplay left to which to contribute to the discussion.

I presume he/she means 'archive' rather 'achieve' without permission, which raises an interesting point. I can't remember (must check) but did all teams agree at the outset that they would open their ISDG archives to other teams at the end of the game.
                      Last edited by Hercules; August 21, 2014, 14:47.

Comment

• Ok Just got into the game. Roamed around. We have a serious army. But also as mzprox said we now have Flight. With a turn like this you are prompted for each completed build, to choose units or whatever. I chose options easily changeable. I also chose Robotics for next tech, but of course it can be changed. Where it was within a turn or 2 I chose build airport.

Though we have lost Aurora (I can see the ruins), Maya looks conquerable. Also it looks like CFC are showing further interest in helping us to that end.

Comment

• Mzprox: I presume you are available to play with 10 hrs (of our side of conflict) remaining.

Comment

• It looks like the game was reloaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              It looks like the game was reloaded.
                              Yes indeed it was. I haven't looked in again though.

Comment

• Don't worry i'm watching the game. i knew cfc hadn't played so the game had to be reloaded. It is just as always : very very slow.

Comment

Working...
                                X