No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We cut the road with our spy thus we rendered egypt's catapult useless for this turn. One of our main forces moved in to capture/destroy PETA next turn.

We captured the coastal cities, with cfc atack from the east at this moment we have the most cities in the world (ok many of those are bad cities w/o food, but still). One problem we face is that our army is too spreaded. we might need to give up conquered land if we face their main army.

Comment

• I'm fine with razing PETA.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• What is CFC doing in this war? I hear a lot about us and Aztec, have they entered the fray yet or are they just hanging back while everyone else exhausts themselves with the war?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• cfc's nap with egypt only ended last turn. They also made peace with maya so all their forces are free to attack egypt. and currently they are no. 1. in power. (they have many cannons)

Comment

• Cannons do win wars.

Comment

• we have about 4-5 cannons now, mostly from upgrading our trebs.
              Next research goal is corporation to get an extra trade route/city. After that I'm not sure..either:
              -Democracy to build the statue of liberty
              -Communism to get the gspy and Kreml
              -assmebly line for infantry and factories.

Comment

• Generally I prefer Assembly Line, especially with all the war going on right now. But what techs do we need for each path, and where do others stand?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Have any of our units reached level 4 yet?
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• No lvl 4 unit yet unfortunately, I think we have to wait for a GG for that. I couldn't log in yet, but aptmod turn report suggest there were heavy fights in this turn, we killed many units, not sure about our losses except that realms retook War paint city. Again they were lucky as normally I would had expected they did not try to attack it, but they did and won against odds. nevertheless we will retake it again and kill their damaged units.
                    Rb has drafted slaved 17 units just in the previous turn, we can not really send more reinforcements to the battle, our hope is that they will not focus their new armies on us, but either divide them or just use them agains our allies. I also try to take inca land as fast as possible, so even if we are forced to defend we wil lbe in the defender position, which is favorable.
                    I'd say eve if we losed the war, which i don't think we will we already accomplished much in weakening realms, the top powers are more balanced now, cfc has probably the biggest potential, but our position is very good as well. Hopefully we will not become a similar target as egypt did. For this reason i find it troubling that I saw maya gifting several knights to aztecs to use against egypt.. I wouldn't like if they worked together. On the other hand we owe a great person to aztec and also we aagreed to pay them half the shrine income till t220.. this i think is a way to make them not want to attack us.

As for the technology levels of others:
                    war took it's toll from almost every civ. HRE has the strongest ecnomy at the moment, but they are stil lbehind us in several techs. They also gave thousands of gold to Egypt so they can get rifling.
                    Maya is the second strongest rival with their big cities working on many cottages, hopefully when we manage to increase our empire size it will turn to our benefit.
                    cfc is quite backward but has very good and big land. they don't have paper yet (so no edu/universities yet etc), but they have the tech for grenadiers
                    Aztec has a nice economy, but ours is a bit stronger and we have several tech advantage
                    Egypt is advanced, the only civ who has rifling besides us, but this war will ruin their economy.

by economy I was talking about gnp only.
                    Last edited by mzprox; September 13, 2013, 06:16.

Comment

• In the current turn we retook War paint and captured PETA. After a discussion with aztec I agreed to send in our main army against tree huggers, but tbh I have a feeling this invasion will not be succesfull. Now our forces are in the jungle north of Tree h. but by the time we could reach the city rb could have the same size force as we do and by hitting first with catapults they can eliminate our entire army. Ofc I will not let this happen, so the very least we will not leave the juingle into open field, that gives us 50% defense bonus. We shall see how much defense force rb is able to gather.
                      in the north we have only 25% of our forces now, but I think it will be enough.

Comment

• Thanks for the update I will look in again, when it's our turn.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• The forum motor doesn't allow me to post screenshot as I used to do it.. I will find an other way soon.

In this turn we took two more cities: summer breeze and speed race, we destroyed the latter because rb could had easily retake it.. war weariness is starting to be an issue, it's better if we don't lose and retake cities..

Comment

• Has CFC entered the war yet? Their treaty is over, right?

Comment

• I do have to wonder if they're sitting it out, growing stronger, and letting everyone else do the fighting for them.

Comment

• cfc has enterd to egypt's territory, they captured two cities, destroying one national wonder in each. They also suffered some losses and said that they will keep up slaving to increase their armies even though they have the biggest now.
                                It is undenialable that we are the clear winner of this war so far. We suffered the least and got the most cities and 3-4 cities are still in our grasp to get in a few turns. when we get the land score for these new cities we wil lbe no. 1. in score. also we are much more advanced than any of our allies and our economy in much better shape.. I expect they are jelaous as I would be in their place...

We need to avoid to be looked upon as the big greedy one, also it should go without saying that we will stay in the war even after we got everything we wanted. we agreed to split egypt's land fairly (whatever it means), but also we should help the others so we will not turn them against us.

Comment

Working...
                                X