No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some intelligence gathering based on the demo screen. We are 7th in land area with 20,000 sq km. First place (first through sixth place actually) has 21,000. Last place (i.e. 7th through 9th) is tied with us at 20,000. The reason we have 1,000 less is due to that one tile lake. So from this we can conclude that us and two other teams have one tile of water in our fat cross, and the other six teams have none. This also means that no team had a coastal start. Good thing we didn't go for a civ that started with fishing.
    Not completely correct. The rival average is 20125: this means 7 times 20000 and 1 times 21000. So 8 teams have 1 lake, only 1 team has none.

Comment

• Very interesting info from the data and the calculations re lake.

Why do we have a popscore of 48000 compared with rivals when we have just moved to pop 4 and 4 other rivals are on pop3, yet

nearest rival pop score is 21000.?

We jumped 2 points from 51 to 53. Was that from pop 3 to 4, our 3rd warrior did his arrival have an effect.?
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I agree with Ozzy that Apollo move E next
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
          Not completely correct. The rival average is 20125: this means 7 times 20000 and 1 times 21000. So 8 teams have 1 lake, only 1 team has none.
          Ah yes, good catch. I was considering taking a look at the average to double check things, but I was too lazy to bother.

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
          Very interesting info from the data and the calculations re lake.

Why do we have a popscore of 48000 compared with rivals when we have just moved to pop 4 and 4 other rivals are on pop3, yet

nearest rival pop score is 21000.?

We jumped 2 points from 51 to 53. Was that from pop 3 to 4, our 3rd warrior did his arrival have an effect.?
          Population on the demographics screen doesn't increase linearly. A population 4 city is worth much more then two population 2 cities. And yes, I believe the score increase was from population. Units don't factor into score.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• production or gold? settling tight or expand? time to discuss the spot for third city because that might effect what to do with our workers.
            one possible site is nw of capital, like in my t47 save
            other option is to grab the horse with 3rd city. I'd prefer 1w of horses (settling on hill, but no deer in first ring.) I will try to make some test play- we would have less cottages, more maintenance, but more food and production, and we could start building chariots which are much better than warriors.

Comment

• I was considering taking a look at the average to double check things, but I was too lazy to bother.
              LAZINESS is a tool of the devil!

Comment

• I am for more cottages, less maintenance, as that will greatly increase our tech rate.

So a third city close, and a fourth city at the horses about 11 turns later..

But that's just my starting point, the answer is in the play through.
                Last edited by Calanthian; August 24, 2012, 06:26.

Comment

• PS. Considering the design of the map and that we have not met anyone else I suspect other players are beyond the natural borders we see (desert, mountainrange in the south) with some sort of hub.

It could be something like this, as the guys of RB are very much into making things even, balancing things out:

Comment

• Cal, I thought the gold city was to be city 2? Don't we want the luxury goods and increased income from that?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yes, gold is second. Third and fourth are being discussed.

Comment

• Sorry, I was thrown off by the graphic in post 203 thinking the numbering was the number which you wanted to settle cities. BTW what do people think of settling city 3 on top of the sheep west of the capital? I'm not sure what the down side is to settling on top of a resource (instead of working it) but that would get us both the wine and the cow in one city plus it would be close to the capital (exactly one large cross away) so maintenance would be low.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Building on top of a resource generally loses some or all of the bonus from that resource. So I'd be against building on top of the sheep.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I believe that tile would be 3F1H1C with a city on it (the sheep). Why build there when we can build on the PH to the south and leave the cow for a nice coastal city that grabs up all that lake? Those lake tiles with a lighthouse are 3F3C - not too bad and don't require much of the workers, which helps micro and getting an early commerce boost.

Which is to say that using a lake near a coast for a non-coastal city is a waste of 3F in addition to what we lose from settling on the sheep.

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• T24.

* Apollo finds another cow. I know Ozzy wants to move E, I propose NE as it's safer: if we meet the bear we'll be dead on the plains, in the woods we have a chance.
                                * Bellerophon has to fight for his life. A bear awaits; luckily he has a chance as he is in the woods.
                                * Cerberus is guarding Apolyton
                                * The area to the east keeps getting better and better.. we found another river and food plains..
                                * in 6 turns the settler will be finished.

Last edited by Calanthian; August 25, 2012, 07:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X