No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did growing to size 3 give us by way of score?
    8 points. There are two civs with POP 3, including us..

So RB got a tech rise.

Comment

• Thanks Calan. Useful to know.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Do we know which techs would cause an 8 point rise in score? I assume it is some how related to how many beakers each tech costs so maybe we can figure out the formula and tell which tech they just got.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• All ancient tech gives +6 points (classical +12, med +18 etc). city growing +2 (sometimes +3), and increasing territory also gives, but a bit later than the actual border pops.
          Looking at the stats I can say that just like the Maya, Egypt also built it's first city on food resource (only way to grow to pop 3 so fast)

I strongly suggest we send Apollo back to help us expanding without much risk (bears and whatnot)

btw I'm back from holiday, but still not much time to play. I will try to finalize my recommended growt strategy once we see horses revealed.

Comment

• Welcome back!

Looking at the stats I can say that just like the Maya, Egypt also built it's first city on food resource (only way to grow to pop 3 so fast)
            Remember that most of them built on site, we spent one turn walking..

I strongly suggest we send Apollo back to help us expanding without much risk (bears and whatnot)
            Agreed. My preferred route would be roughly 3 times SE and 4 x NE (if possible, and safe terrain). Then he will be near the 2nd city location in time.

Last edited by Calanthian; August 21, 2012, 06:54.

Comment

• On points:

All ancient tech gives +6 points (classical +12, med +18 etc). city growing +2 (sometimes +3), and increasing territory also gives, but a bit later than the actual border pops.
              The points for city growth are not correct IMO.
              Last turn that was the only thing which increased (no tech, no border pops, etc) and we went up from 37 to 45 points.

Comment

• it was 3 points for growing pop 3 and 5 points for territory increase. (check realms beyond, they got this +5 one turn before us) and they grown to pop 2 3 turns before us, it can only be done by settling on food)

On Apollo: I'd only go 1 SE then send him back all the way to city site. We would lose some scouting south but we would have greater security when we move our settler AND worker there( worker also need to be defended and it will rush for building farms independetly of the settler.

Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                On points:

The points for city growth are not correct IMO.
                Last turn that was the only thing which increased (no tech, no border pops, etc) and we went up from 37 to 45 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                  I strongly suggest we send Apollo back to help us expanding without much risk (bears and whatnot).
                  This.

BTW thank you for the information about how score is calculated.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• T22.

* Finished AH
                    * Found horses
                    * Started Fishing
                    (Mz: this was what we agreed upon wasn't it > in order to be able to work Lake Cildir)

* Route of Apollo is barred, he should go back NE..
                    * We made a jump in the scores (and next turn once again).

(Although it would be better if we would be low in the scores)

Comment

• Yes that's the tech path we agreed on.

Glad we found horses, though shame just one source at the moment within our known land area.

And it's a shame it is located beyond our proposed second city location limits. So I am not sure how we can exploit the horse resource, soon.

Agree to next Apollo move (no choice really) and then lets see.

Btw will you keep a watch on religion discovery.

Comment

• Our score breakdown..

Comment

• No religions founded yet.

Comment

• A first teaser considering possible city sites in the west..

Besides these three additional sites another one could be founded on the 'yellow dot'

Comment

• Thanks Cal. Yes it is a teaser.

But those other (apart from City2) city sites envisage cultural expansion and we don't have plans for that atm. So linking up those horses seems some turns in the future.

Maybe there's a case for building city2 closer to, or even on the horses.

Comment

• Thanks Cal.

So turn 1 to 2 for us would have given:

1 pop
                                1 land
                                12 tech(2 starting techs 6 each)
                                16 wonder (palace)

30 (but rounded 29)
                                Last edited by Hercules; August 21, 2012, 18:28. Reason: additional

Comment

Working...
                                X