No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The third city's currently suggested place is good because it would have a fish eventually and it will have 2 floodplains in it's radius so we can work on them (cottages).
    I am with Mz here.. but as said, the moment we see a better place ..

Comment

• * Apollo is healing

* worker is at deer

* 2nd warrior is finished: I named him Bellerophon. (Of course is anyone has better suggestions..)
      (I use this site to find good names: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ogical_figures)
      > with these names come stories which can be easily found on the net.

We have to decide where we send him.. I did not yet move him..

and we have to start thinking how we can get rid of the bear.. as it is very near to the 2nd city site..

Comment

• INFO TURN 17:

We're doing ok.. and we have the biggest army

Comment

• To Lz:

when you check this thread you find our test games.. play them through and you learn how we do it..
          and you'll see why Mz ad me like that 3rd city spot..

Comment

• WRT where to send warrior 2, I suspect we'll find the area to the northeast is just coastal areas so sending him north and then having him arc down towards the south exploring along the coast might be a good course of action. On the other hand it is now turn 17 (I believe) so theoretically it is possible an enemy warrior explorer could be getting near to our city and if we send our warrior out to explore it will mean leaving our city undefended at least until warrior 3 is built. Then there is the possibility of barbarians (I believe they are turned on though I can't be arsed to look) and don't they start showing up around turn 20?

Still, we'll reach pop level 3 in our city in 3-4 turns and that will make progress on warrior 3 go quickly so I'd be willing to risk sending warrior 2 off exploring for now though this is a slight calculated risk. Hopefully we don't end up losing our only city by turn 21.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• On Bellerophon:

The rider of Pegasus and slayer of Chimaera.

Comment

• I would send 2nd warrior southeast. (reminder to Cal just in case: the city must work the banana instead of the deer for exactly two turns), Let's hope the bear dissappears before we send out our settlers, but with it this close it's more important to send appolo back just in case He needed, so I suggest we don't send him too far.

Comment

• * 2nd warrior (Bellerophon) sent to SE
                  * city working the banana tile.

Comment

• OK, so why exactly was he sent SE when we were still actively discussing the matter and only one other person had voiced an opinion? You need to not make moves like this until the group has come to a decision together. That was just arrogant and disrespectful.

Comment

• I suspect we'll find the area to the northeast is just coastal areas so sending him north and then having him arc down towards the south exploring along the coast might be a good course of action.
                      I would send 2nd warrior southeast.
                      Both your remarks and Mz's can be combined by arcing up instead of down. I honestly thought this solved the matter.
                      And you may want to rethink your choice of words.

Comment

• Actually I think it's better to send the warior east to see the spot near the cattle. Or we can wait with it near the capital just in case..and use thethird warrior for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                          Both your remarks and Mz's can be combined by arcing up instead of down. I honestly thought this solved the matter.
                          And you may want to rethink your choice of words.
                          OK, perhaps I was unclear. In the future can we maybe at least confirm a move before it is actually made? Just something like "I'm going to move the unit SE speak now or forever hold your peace." Thanks.

Comment

• This is the route we could take:

(of course we will see on a turn-by-turn basis if something has to be changed)

And this route should incorporates your suggestions:
                            * go not too far from city (arc)
                            * explore spot near cattle (possible 3rd city site)
                            * exploring along the coast

Query 1) What do you say?
                            Last edited by Calanthian; August 13, 2012, 05:42.

Comment

• When Apollo is healed (another 3 turns) he could check out another possible city site by moving SW.

After that he should arc back east while moving over safe ground (forest, hills).

Query 2) What do you say?
                              Last edited by Calanthian; August 13, 2012, 05:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                                This is the route we could take:

(of course we will see on a turn-by-turn basis if something has to be changed)

And this route should incorporates your suggestions:
                                * go not too far from city (arc)
                                * explore spot near cattle (possible 3rd city site)
                                * exploring along the coast

Query 1) What do you say?
                                I wouldn't take the northern turn. Most likely there are no neighbors in that direction, so it is land that isn't a high priority to settle. We need to be expanding toward our neighbors and then backfilling. (another reason city spot #3 needs to be delayed, if not axed entirely).
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X