No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my test game I put our third city 1W to your proposed settling place (previosly you also suggested that) so it can get the fish after border pop and untill then it can work on cottages. But I agree we could use more information before decide on that. For the next 15-20 turns we have an agreement how to develop, after that I'd move the workers a bit differently. we should compare the results of these.
    I do think that we need Apollo to be back by the time we found second city for safety reasons. I don't want to see our plans ruined by barbarians our adventurous rival warriors.

As for the current scouting: I think we could send him W/SW for now.

Comment

Good.

By the way, will I take the upcoming turns, or you?

Comment

you can, i will leave in 3 days (I may be able to play but uncertain)

Comment

t43mz.CivBeyondSwordSave

Here is my t43 save.
          In my test map i made every contact impossible (so I wouldn't get research bonus I couldn't count on), played with changing research between 0 and 100%. in this test I got pottery in the exact turn I needed.
          what I did differently is that I rushed with my workers to improve second city, went for mining first so we can start working on gold early and built a 3rd worker before 2nd settlers. my third city also put one tile west.
          since second city is improved sooner in this playout we have more warriors and I started to work on a barrack (we could build more warrios/scouts or granary.. we can decide later.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm kind of partial to more warriors and then sending some of them off scouting. I know other posters have also brought up the idea of additional scouting.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What happens if we find horses within easy reach?. Would we switch to build pasture and link. Or simply re-assess if and when it happens, like we did for the gold.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                What happens if we find horses within easy reach?. Would we switch to build pasture and link. Or simply re-assess if and when it happens, like we did for the gold.
                I think hooking up horses would be a top priority so we can start building chariots instead of warriors which would be much more usefull even for scouting.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Deep in the Nemean Hills Apollo the Brave has found a lion. We expect a confrontation soon.

* worker has been built and is working the corn
                    * we have found another wheat
                    * the Nemean Hills look promising
                    * build orders for warrior have been given

* our continent is 16 tiles wide (measured 1 tile south of Apolyton).
                    With 4 well placed cities we can block all access in the North-South direction.

For reference:
                    Last edited by Calanthian; August 1, 2012, 14:17.

Comment

Shouldn't we be ordering the warrior to go South East? That way he can avoid the lion and start exploring south of our city where we can hopefully find some more happiness resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Shouldn't we be ordering the warrior to go South East? That way he can avoid the lion and start exploring south of our city where we can hopefully find some more happiness resources.
                        When we get the chance to move on the forested hill, my answer would be no..

see the 'evidence' below..

To the southwest there are two hills approaching. The second one will probably show us the whole river area, so given these odds, I would proceed SW if possible, otherwise the best move will be SE.

Furthermore if the lion starts trailing us, we could run into two animals within one turn..
                        Last edited by Calanthian; August 1, 2012, 17:10.

Comment

So we move to the forested hill and let the lion attack? Will it attack ?
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yes. That is my proposal.

Normally the lion will attack.

Comment

I assume you're trying to build some experience for the warrior. Will we want to keep exploring with a wounded unit or will we take time to let him heal?

Comment

He's trying to kill the lion so it can't kill the warrior in open ground.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X