Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    OK, do it but please replace it shortly with a better unit. Or rather, ask them if they want it and only give it to them if they say yes.

On a different note I'm glad we're finally picking up some of those techs we bypassed like metal working and iron working.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Back to the selling or chariot or not thing:
    it was 2:2 as I remember., now it would be a good thing though, because we would need that money to get metal casting one turn sooner and i really would like to start mass producing forges.
    As I've heard the zulus are retreating without fight, so cfc might not even want our chariot, but i think i will try to negotiate.

In this turn we revolted to bureaucracy and org religion. or next tech will bemetal casting, after that probably iron working, calendar

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Yeah, that's a hell of a lot of luxury resources all in one spot. We got kind of shafted so anything to improve happiness (like Notre Dame) would help us with our happiness cap problem. I like the way you situated those cities but do think we should explore the east side of those city sites (the area still in black) because you never know we might find a luxury to grab.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    This was my original plan:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0242.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	9094761

the southern city could go one tile north, it woulnt be riverside then but would have access to corn and would have increased production in its base tile.. overall I still like the riverside (deserthill) position more. The northern city's place is on one of the floodplains so we lose a good tile this way, but later we would get the most riverside cottage.
    (for the third city site we don't have a settler ready, but we should not wait too long, as the maya may move there)
    btw I don't really like our land.. too arid, too few resources.. the Aztec has a big jungle for example and we are cut from it.. the jungle has gem, spice, sugar, and nice riverside grasslands..

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0254.JPG
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	9094860

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I really wish we knew where the iron was so we could make sure to settle next to it. Water under the bridge now though and I guess we may yet get lucky. I'm going to have to think carefully about this and get back to you. It seems obvious to me we should settle the first one towards the south of that picture forming a border between ourselves and the Maya. The second city should be up north on the river near the marble.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    There is still some time to think where to settle exactly.

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0253.JPG
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	9094858

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    yes, that's why I delayed org religion by 6-7 turns, so we can change to bureaucracy aswell, for those units we will need machinery too and that tech is not high priority. after civil sevice we will get metalcasting, iron working, calendar, construction, maybe archery then we shall continue the path to education through paper.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    We can change two civics with only one turn of civil disorder, right? I like the idea of a crossbow and maceman army.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    we have monoteism and in 2 turns we will convert to org religion and we can start building missionaries. Something strange in this mod, just like the maintenance cost is higher i can see that passive religion spread chance is much lower as it should be. (we had one spread only so far and no foreign religion spread to us yet.)
    Gunpowder isquite far away, but macemen is not. if we expcted an attack against us we could get machinery and slave macemen.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Well, that's fine by me to leapfrog and go for gunpowder. How far are we from it?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Do we have monotheism yet so we can spread it or are we going to just let it spread naturally?

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    If you can make it to gunpowder without researching archery then you won't need it anymore, so you "saved" about 180 rp, it's a gamble. we could research archey in 1 turn anytime.
    Btw As I expected the Aztec has finished the apostolic palace.
    In this turn we converted to Taoism, so we are in anarchy.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Why are so many people ignoring archery? Are they bipassing it to rush to things like religions and wonder techs? Or is it just not a very worth while tech?

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    half of the other civs (including RB) doesn't have archery

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    We're certainly over due for archers. I mean we're well over 100 turns are still don't have archers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X