• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loging in to finish my (long) turn.
    http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

New turn at G&H guys.

And Beta, do you have way of contacting Donald outside of weplayciv.com so we can start arranging the restoration of ACtA? The other person I know who have the admin passwords is Rob. Do you have his contacts as well? Also maybe you can contact Rhoth, E_T, Viking, ChrisiusMaximus and Nugog. Those are the rest of the players of ACtA who were still alive when the game stopped.
      http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
        New turn at G&H guys.

And Beta, do you have way of contacting Donald outside of weplayciv.com so we can start arranging the restoration of ACtA? The other person I know who have the admin passwords is Rob. Do you have his contacts as well? Also maybe you can contact Rhoth, E_T, Viking, ChrisiusMaximus and Nugog. Those are the rest of the players of ACtA who were still alive when the game stopped.
        Yep - we have an email network of sorts going, where donald is keeping us informed of his efforts. So should not be an issue.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

What does he say is wrong? Maybe I can help. Sometimes hosting creates some pretty maddening, insanely obscure issues that can only be "fixed" by talking to someone who just happened to have the same issue.

Comment

Finished my turn. Over to the Persian Aggressors and their Lackeys!

Sommers - as to what is wrong, I can't say with the site. donald has been trying to reach either Locutus or Solver with no luck.

The Artemis server was a PC in Locutus' house, so you can see the problem.

But for ACtA at least, we have a game save, and according to 2metra, donald has the password. So we should be good to go. We just need a host. I would be OK to do it, if someone can direct me as to how to host multiple games. I know it can be done, I have just never done it. My 'simple' understanding is you need multiple 'copies' of pitboss running, and just direct the traffic through a different port.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

[QUOTE=Beta;6186225]Finished my turn. Over to the Persian Aggressors and their Lackeys!

Lackeys. You motivate me further

Comment

[QUOTE=Dick76;6186380]
                Originally posted by Beta View Post
                Finished my turn. Over to the Persian Aggressors and their Lackeys!

Lackeys. You motivate me further
                Just what you guys need. More motivation.

I'll trade you two tons of motivation for 20 infantry and 10 of Lydia's bombers and call it even. OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Beta View Post
                  I would be OK to do it, if someone can direct me as to how to host multiple games. I know it can be done, I have just never done it. My 'simple' understanding is you need multiple 'copies' of pitboss running, and just direct the traffic through a different port.
                  Yes, I admit though that I am not even sure I executed the process correctly ... I mean both games are running on my compy, but as it was explained to me years ago (by Indiansmoke on a thread or PM I can no longer find), there is a way to do it so that the 2nd Pitboss automatically creates a seperate folder and automatically saves the savegame files there... Very nice when you can get it to work right... otherwise all the savegames get jumbled into the same folder... Not a problem at all when you are running diplogames, but a pain when you are running regular games.

Anyway, enough whining from me... Here's what you do:

1. Go to your programs folder and find your Civ IV Pitboss.exe file and copy-paste it in the same folder to create a copy
                  2. Run the "Copy of Pitboss" and load the savegame using that password from Donald.

That's it! The game will automatically assign the next available IP suffix to the game. If you are running two games it will be 2057. If you assigned a special suffix to the first one it will be 2056, which essentially means no suffix is need, just the IP (or IP shorthand like Beta.is.awesome.org or whatever).

There is a way to edit the ini file to assign a special suffix to the Copy-Pitboss game, but I forgot how to do it, and its not necessary to run the game... so... Neh!

Comment

OK. Got it. Thanks Sommers. Seems simple enough. Will try it out.

If you hear a large explosion north of the border you know what it is.

Comment

It worked. First time. I got the admin pass from donald, set up the dual pitboss as you directed, Sommers, loaded the Beta-Kloratine save I have, and voila, it lives!

The save is from turn 171, 1110AD, with almost 51 hours on the clock, and only Beta and Viking having played. Of course, Kloreep will need to replay.

The save date is November 14th. I can't recall when Artemis crashed. Anyone remember? (I think it is the last save, as I was consistently logging in as Beta-Kloratine when playing Kloreep's civ. My other "Beta" saves got over-written by other games, but luckily the unique name for this one protected it.)

Can you check that you can access the game at

betahost.dnsdojo.com:2057

...and if OK, I will stop the game. Don't bother playing your turn or anything. I/we will need to contact everyone regarding an official restart.

Now, I wonder if anyone has an Endymion save, or Terra Incognito????
                      Last edited by Beta; January 8, 2013, 18:20.

Comment

Oh! That's true man

Comment

Working...
                        X