Gods & Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods & Heroes

EDIT: WPC is down so we can use this thread as the UN thread for G&H.The current situation is the game is up but it was indefinitely paused. Check here for updates etc...
    Last edited by Sommerswerd; January 5, 2013, 20:52.

Thanks Sommers! Checking in.

I have also notified the ISDG turn thread at CFC of our issue. donald has emailed the admins, so if we don't here something soon, we will need a plan B for that as well.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Hey Beta!I am pretty bummed G&H went down... Two Artemis games I was playing went down too (Daaaammmmnnn Yooouuu Artemissss Dammmmnnn You All to Hellllll!!!) Ahhh, that felt good... I think maybe we can get the save file from whoever was last to log in and start the game back up on a substitute host, but I would be interested to see if others are up for that. It seemed like people were starting to lose interest in the war What do you think?

Comment

Greetings!

G&H went down? I thought it was just paused. donald is still around, and he hosts that on a server that has nothing to do with Artemis or WPC.

Also, donald has been in contact with solver, and they have been in contact with the firm that that hosts the site, so we are hopeful.

But I do miss the other Artemis games, especially ACtA.

2metra also asked about game saves earlier. I am not clear what you are referring to. It is my understanding that only the host will have any of the turn auto saves or player recovery saves. Do they show up anywhere else? Does a player playing in a game hosted elsewhere record a recovery save when he plays?
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Yes that is correct, everyone will have a copy of their own savegame. It is true that the host has ALL the savegames, but each player also has a copy of their own. It's sloppy with non-diplogames because you are playing multiple games using the same username, but for diplogames its perfect because you have the alias just for that one game.

And yea now that I think about it, you are right that the game is just paused not down. I guess the issue is that WPC is down, which now that I think about it *smacks forehead* was why I suggested moving our G&H thread over here temporarily

Comment

Ah! Found them! I was looking in the pitboss save folder, but they are in the multi folder.

And from the names I can identify the AcTA game, and we can probably figure out the others.

So, we DO have the technology to rebuild them.....

Comment

Wohooo!!! Great news, Beta! Lets get the other ACtA guys informed!

As for G&H, we are waiting for Calantian to play Thrace and Dratboy to play Minos before our side can play.
              http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Will we need the admin password to load one of these saves onto a new host machine?

Comment

I am already hosting two games and I remember Indiansmoke warning me that hosting more than 2 games at a time really starts them crashes 'a comin' but maybe some one else can host.

The one issue is we need the original host to give the new host the game password

Was Ozzy the original host or would we need to go directly to the Artemis owner for that? I guess he would ultimately be the one who actually set up the game and assigned a password.

As for G&H if we are just waiting for Cal and the Westerners to play then no worries at all! I would rather wait patiently for them to play when they're ready... The "blazing" pace of DoB is plenty of excitement for me... Which reminds me, we are about due for a new Story Thread complete with my Propagan... er I mean Editori... ahem, I mean "completely objective" Opening story post

Comment

Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                    I am already hosting two games and I remember Indiansmoke warning me that hosting more than 2 games at a time really starts them crashes 'a comin' but maybe some one else can host.
                    I never have hosted two games at once, so I will have to revisit the 'how to'. Is it written down anywhere?

The one issue is we need the original host to give the new host the game password
                    Solver should know those. I think. As I mentioned elsewhere, Locutus seems to have disappeared in India. But if Solver doesn't know them, it may be a problem.

The "blazing" pace of DoB is plenty of excitement for me... Which reminds me, we are about due for a new Story Thread complete with my Propagan... er I mean Editori... ahem, I mean "completely objective" Opening story post

Comment

Donald have the admin pass
                      http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
                        Donald have the admin pass
                        Ah, brilliant!

Comment

Back from Holiday and playing now

-correction- Stuck in diplo screen..

Comment

Krez paused the game but for some reason I cant unpause the game to play ??

Comment

If Krez can unpause he can play for me so the turn is not held up any longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X