[DoB] Permanent replacement needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DoB] Permanent replacement needed

A permanent replacement is wanted for the diplo game Domination of Barbarians.

You'd play the Vikings (duh! although I renamed them Norse). The game is in an early ancient stage. The civ is a tier 5 one, which means fit for beginners of diplogaming. Unlike most European civs you have room to expand, even though the land is of questionable quality, but for a long term civ player that shouldn't be a problem. You will face barbarians (the very purpose of the game), but you are well prepared for their onslaught. You have a comfortable geostrategic position and can be seriously threatened only by sea. However later in the game YOU should be one of the dominating sea powers, so it's in your hands to not let that happen.

Diplomatically you have a number of friendly civs around you. The whole diplomatic record is still in the PM box of the account. In terms of storytelling I did my best to keep up.

So why am I leaving this game? Reason is, that I found out, that diplogaming+storytelling and my person are two things that don't blend together. I did my best to enjoy it, but no avail. Other folks are eager to see how the game evolves and wish to lower the turn time, while I don't want that mainly for the reason, that for me it's merely a chore. It has nothing to do with the game itself, it's more a personal thing. I don't want to be a spoilsport and better leave myself in order to let others have their fun. And as you can see in the story threads, other players are having a blast.

So, who's the brave Viking jarl who steps in the ring?

Informations about the game can be found here (Setup thread) and here (Organization thread).

Game and account passwords and login data for the anonymous Email (Yahoo), PYT and Photobucket accounts has Sommerswerd. Until a permanent replacement is found, the game is maintained by a temporary sub, so you don't find a long abandoned civ.

I can take over in 2mo if a temp sub can be found until then.

Comment

I would like to take this Civ over.

I'm new to multiplayer but have been playing Civ for 20 years now and generally win and do well in single player mode at Monarch level.

I've read the setup thread and organization thread and have started playing the game that was given as DoB Test Map to have a look.

Let me know...

Comment

Can't seem to PM anyone still.

Comment

Contrary to previous intentions, I'm not taking them over.

Comment

I am hosting a Diplogame over at Apolyton. Very organized, but a player is having tech issues and wants to drop. I am not getting what to do .Of course the barbarians aim of world domination has not escaped the attention of the many Europeans. Any suggestions.

Comment

I am hosting a Diplogame over at Apolyton. Very organized, but a player is having tech issues and wants to drop. I am not getting what to do .Of course the barbarians aim of world domination has not escaped the attention of the many Europeans. Any suggestions.

change google logo

Comment

Working...
              X