Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game seems down

Comment

• Fixed. Had to load from China autosave.

Comment

• thought it looked familiar ... not many replayed their turn

Comment

• I think i crashed the server.

Comment

• DISASTER!!!

The wall mounted bookshelf above the Pitboss CPU (my BEST computer BTW) just came off the wall and crashed down, dumping like 30 books, toys, statues, trophies, picture albums and other assorted heavy a$$ crap... Right onto my computer. The shelf was apparently flimsily mounted wit a few haphazzard nails WTF?!?!?... It was already there when I moved in, so i had no idea what a crap job it was.

So needless to say, the compy got crushed... The screen is just a shatteted mess. My wife started crying whgen she saw it... What a mess

Amazingly, it seems to still be working!! I already had it networked and I am getting my files off of it now.. Even Pitboss seems to still be up and running! I think the reason the game crashed is because the network cord got snatched out when the computer was knocked to the floor by the avalanche of books etc (I use a cord instead of wireless to keep the pitboss running more reliably).

Thankfully none of my children were in the room when it happened . I am contemplating trying to fix it myself. Wish me luck. Obviously, I will need to take the game down to work on it, and since I cant use the screen I can't reload the game if it crashes. Keep track of your savegames in case we need to use someone's save to reload.

Comment

• Wow Sommer, glad to hear no one got hurt!!

Comment

• That really bites, Sommer.

Be careful repairing it yourself, as monitors contain some fairly toxic gases that can be released into the air.
                La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• So many unnamed great prophets!

Comment

• Unable to join. A player "Sancha?" is holding the game.
                    Last edited by China (DoB); December 2, 2013, 07:42.

Comment

• Ok getting in now ... Wow I hadn't seen the org thread for a while. I didn't realize there had been a disaster at our host's home. That really sucks. Likely better off getting a new monitor. Don't think they can really be repaired from a smashed state.

Comment

• Unfortunately, its a Laptop... So if I can't replace/fix the screen, then I have to ask Santa to bring me a whole new Compy... And i seriously doubt I've been good enough to get that

Comment

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
                          Unable to join. A player "Sancha?" is holding the game.
                          That would be me. I'm sorry that I can't fix that firewall problem.
                          La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Think game just crashed

Comment

• I cant tell what happened of course because the screen on the pitboss is f#@ked... So I guess I will just have to take this opportunity to test out my Laptop repair skills Wish me luck! I will probably set the Pitboss up on a different (less reliable laptop temporarily while I work on the other one). I will probably do that in about six or so hours.

Comment

• Game should be back up now, loaded from the England autosave, and running on my secondary laptop compy. Sorry it took so long but it was a busy weekend, and the Civstats uploader wasn't cooperating. FYI, this compy is a little more... shall we say... crashy-smashy die-die-die, than the better compy (that got busted) so the game may crash more often until I get the other compy fixed. I just got a new (second) job/contract, so now I basically work around the clock 7 days a week... So, I was busy all weekend and did not have time to fix the other compy. I will try to get to it this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X